• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering, March 23rd to 26th

James

Out There
Instructor
I stayed there last year. I'd go back.
You can buy beer in the fireplace room. No bar, the owner goes in the back and brings one out. They had Heady Topper.
Did they still have the cooked breakfasts by one of the owners?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Did they still have the cooked breakfasts by one of the owners?
Yes. Usually a buffet, but one day there were so few of us that he cooked to order. If I remember correctly there were two hot items to choose from, plus the usual cold fruit, yogurt, pastry.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Ok, @KevinF or @mdf or any other Bostoners, if any one is passing by Manchester Airport on Thursday PM (any time after 1 PM) and heading by Monday PM (lly out early Tues) and wouldn't mind dropping me off, tanks. Or sharing a room. Lemme know. Some SWA use or lose.

I sent you a PM

Hm . . . maybe we should have done that. :huh:

Too late. ;)

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm still planning on joining.

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
Once I get off the MCP, I miss the gathering train too. :(

Maybe next year...

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I'm a maybe (I just noticed this gathering!). Any others here intermediate skiers?

In addition to being an aspiring intermediate, I'm also a feminine element. That was the term above, right?

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm a maybe (I just noticed this gathering!). Any others here intermediate skiers?

In addition to being an aspiring intermediate, I'm also a feminine element. That was the term above, right?

I am an "aspiring skier" - most days I ski 80% blues,10% blacks, 10% green trails.

My feminine companion element (wife) will be there - she usually skies 75% blacks, 20% double black, 5% blues.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I am an "aspiring skier" - most days I ski 80% blues,10% blacks, 10% green trails.

My feminine companion element (wife) will be there - she usually skies 75% blacks, 20% double black, 5% blues.

I probably won't see much of her! I ski greens and blues (easier blues) - working my way up to maybe 60% blues. Kind of slowly on the blues. This is my second season - I hope to be a little faster (and more blues) by March. I like to ski green because I can try my new "tip the ski and see the magic turn" skills. I can't do this where it's steeper; too fast!

I probably can't make it for Friday - starting a new job next week - but Saturday through Monday.

Sponsor