• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
While I'm here, may I please hijack for a quick question:
For skis 116 underfoot, Attack 13 Demo, is it better to get the 110 brake and bend a little, or is 130 the right call?

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
The wife curses me all the time over her squire’s.Even a stranger once who helped her after a fall told her they were horrible, did not help, but hey they were really discounted

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Im anti Marker, probably not super valid, but I have had too many explode and harder to get in.

TS
DrGT

DrGT

Booting up
Skier
Well. I will soon have my own opinion. I have ordered the Marker Griffon Demos.
Living dangerously ... :eek:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Well. I will soon have my own opinion. I have ordered the Marker Griffon Demos.
Living dangerously ... :eek:

I have the new Marker (Griffon 13 ID) on my Head Monster 88's and really like them. I have the 2016 model on my other pair of skis and have liked them so far as well. They have been solid.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not all skiers with short BSL have step in issues with the Griffon bindings.

My boots are 283 for the last 10 years, maybe more, I have no issues with Griffon and/or Jesters.

Mamie is in a 260 BSL last year and 263 the prior seasons and she has no step in issues with the griffons.
In fact she prefers the Griffons over the Attacks. I bought her the same ski as her daily driver and mounted a pair of Attack 13 on it. I had to replace the Attack with a pair of Griffon to keep er happy. :doh: Women, someday. :nono:

The small BSL and Griffon issue is not universal.
not to belabor the point, but just for the sake of truth and datapoints whats the din on the easy boots.
I've had issues getting in with my 293 and din 7.5 in Griffons (with the forward pressure set by the book with the screw flush ).
If my crash is in powder, all the tricks still won't click in without twisting over and using a hand. And often thats not a solid click just enough to survive to the flat to redo it. no such problems with my sth2 13

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I ski on a 10 and Mamie skis on a 6.5.
Our skis are pretty much evenly split between Griffon/Jester and Attacks with some other sprinkled in.
She have one pair on Attack 13 and 3 pairs on Griffons.
We are on ski 100+ days per season. Perhaps to us it's just a everyday routine. Don't really think about it much.

TS
DrGT

DrGT

Booting up
Skier
I have received both the skis and the bindings (Marker Griffon Demo) ogsmile
Now the guy at my local shop refuses to install the demo bindings because they don't come with a template and he doesn't have one :nono:
He says these bindings are usually installed by the maker of the skis ...
Anyone can help? Where can I find this? My web research was unsuccesful.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
For whatever reason, I've found that the on mountain ski shops have templates that other places don't. Helps to call around. If the person who answers has no idea what you're talking about, better to try somewhere else.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
What about places that sell demo skis? They must need to mount demo bindings?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have received both the skis and the bindings (Marker Griffon Demo) ogsmile
Now the guy at my local shop refuses to install the demo bindings because they don't come with a template and he doesn't have one :nono:
He says these bindings are usually installed by the maker of the skis ...
Anyone can help? Where can I find this? My web research was unsuccesful.

I'm guessing they don't sell Marker bindings either.

Sponsor