• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Napa & Sonoma CA Wildfires

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The gusty winds are back and parts of Santa Rosa are again being evacuated.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
These are friends of ours, in fact, we stayed with them when we went to the Sonoma Music Festival 2 years ago.
Some of the kindest people I know.
Deckers Home - Burned but still standing
That looks like a fountaingrove home. We have two friends whose houses stand alone in their neighborhoods up there. Still have no idea how that happens.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This was posted by @JayT on Facebook,
Red is within the last 12 hours, orange within 24, yellow older. That new big red circle above Sonoma is not good. There's a ton of fuel between there and town and if the winds turn that way... yeesh.
22405675_10155919772518487_5144870831399676744_n.jpg

New map update.
:(
22448280_10155931285008487_2408237573560736018_n.jpg

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
That looks like a fountaingrove home. We have two friends whose houses stand alone in their neighborhoods up there. Still have no idea how that happens.

My wife read a story about a guy whose house survived because his goats had denuded the landscape around it. The fire burned grass to the edge of the goat pasture, where there was no more grass. He's giving the goats "a special treat."

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
New map update.
:(
22448280_10155931285008487_2408237573560736018_n.jpg
We are returning home today. I hope the smoke is tolerable. The evacuation order for our neighborhood was just lifted. We have some friends at the top of Oakmont in Wild Oak subdivision (which is not over 55). The fire has virtually been in their backyard for a week. So tedious. But it looks like just about everything is contained except the fire burning through Sugarloaf. One of my favorite places to hike and camp :nono:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We're flying back today from a vacation in San Francisco. We had planned to stay in Novato for the first half before relocating to downtown SF for the second half. We ended up moving from Novato to Pacifica. It was horrible to see all of the smoke knowing what was happening north of the city. We had plans in Napa and Sonoma but obviously changed them once we saw the first stories of the wildfires.

We came across lots of stories of people/organizations helping how they could but I wanted to give a shout-out to Sonoma Canopy Tours and Alliance Redwoods Conference Center in Occidental. We were there for a zipline tour on Friday and they had turned over their parking lot and lodging to many of the firefighters.

Best of luck to everyone impacted by the fires.

Attachments

• FireTrucks.jpg
    FireTrucks.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 3

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Was talking to a 30'ish guy on the lift at Squaw Sunday. He lived by himself in a Coffey Park house that burned down.
Lost everything, He basically said screw it, I'm renting in Tahoe for 4 months and doing ski racing. I only asked if
his loss is covered by insurance and he says yes. He's still looking for a rental.

Trish heard that 206 kids in that area that went to Catholic schools (2 burned) lost homes.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Was talking to a 30'ish guy on the lift at Squaw Sunday. He lived by himself in a Coffey Park house that burned down.
Lost everything, He basically said screw it, I'm renting in Tahoe for 4 months and doing ski racing. I only asked if
his loss is covered by insurance and he says yes. He's still looking for a rental.

Trish heard that 206 kids in that area that went to Catholic schools (2 burned) lost homes.

I think it was one of my athletes from last season. He actually had his house rented out

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'll be moving many of these posts to a new thread for the Camp and Woolsy fires.

Sponsor