• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

My latest kicks '18 edition (Dalbello Factory)

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
IMG_1749.JPG

Had the perfect boot arrived?! 2018 Factory boot from Dalbello. Only had em on for a few minutes, yet early thoughts:

•Stiff - felt >130 & I had not moved all the latches to accommodate my skinning legs
•Nailed the fit
•If you can flex it, progressive
•New School upright, not like prior stuff that has just felt vertical/backseating.
•No lateral play with the carbon cuff/spine.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
IMG_1856.JPG

I was skeptical of the flex, but just check out how tall that tongue comes up!

On the left is a LaSportiva Spectra 2.0 that is crazy tall & on the right is a 5mm lifted Plug.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
IMG_1857.JPG

New Lupo liner compared to a Pro Wrap.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
That’s a good looking boot , I wonder if the 3 buckle design and especially that middle buckle is that a better design for circulation issues, if so can bootfitters prove it.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
Is the Dalbello 3-piece boot much different from its Full Tilt brother? (Both brands have the same ownership.) Does the Dalbello have interchangeable tongues to change the flex?

Is Roxa still making the boots for one or both brands? How do the Roxa brand 3-piece boots compare?

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Is the Dalbello 3-piece boot much different from its Full Tilt brother? (Both brands have the same ownership.) Does the Dalbello have interchangeable tongues to change the flex?

Is Roxa still making the boots for one or both brands? How do the Roxa brand 3-piece boots compare?

FT is a nice boot (I was on em in 2012) yet they use the Intuition liner to mask the fact that the mold has not changed in 30 years & is not very anatomical. Both have interchangeable tongues.

The big difference is that the Dalbello is a current design & with the Krypton/Lupo & especially with a carbon cuff- there is not lateral play. FT can be like a slinky in every direction. The middle buckle on the Dalbello is also a little better placed.

Roxa I believe is on their own now. I have been in their boots & must say that they are very subpar. I think they are countering this by claiming that they are more AT/light, but not a serious contender in the boot world, yet.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
That’s a good looking boot , I wonder if the 3 buckle design and especially that middle buckle is that a better design for circulation issues, if so can bootfitters prove it.

I've never been content in an overlap because my wide foot/ narrowed ankles is a mismatch for closure. I've not skeid these yet, but in prior cabrios - I was way warmer.

Last edited:

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I will have to wait for Rossignol to come up with a 3 buckle to try these types of boots.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I started skiing the Lupo late last season.

Three buckle Cabrio , with the flex stiffness in the tongue.

The boot is stiff! Too stiff for me really. I've got shin bang issues that I'm nursing as I type.

The biggest objection I have is the sole height. The boot just feels tippy. Much like riser plates on race skis. I'm sure I'll get used to them, but compared to Head WC or my favorite Scarpa Denali, The Lupos just feel like skiing on stilts.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
IMG_1946.JPG
Lots of talk about these being "too upright" on the interwebz; but here we bring you the real beta: both lines are on the spine, both heels on the post- same shell size.

Sponsor

Staff online