• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

My Boot Liners seem to be decomposing... how to fix?

TS
R

randaroo

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks.... I think.
So... I whipped up a potion of laundry-dish soaps and took the toilet brush attached it to the Kango rotary drill, filled the boots up with said potion and shwizzled and pumped for a few minutes, rinsed the heck out of 'em and hung them in front of the wood stove.
Smoked the peace pipe and after a few hours... wayyyy cleaner and even look like theyll be good to go next 20cm(rule) day.
i know I'm answering my own question but... what are ya gonna do, here. thanks anyways.
chowfernow
BTW it all worked out fairly well, the sticky stuff which lived between the fabric lining and the collar foam and many years and years of dirt all, perty much, washed/scrubbed away... elbow grease and suds looks to be the ticket.
I had to contact cement some flappy plastic soul membrane sections(called the strobel...?) that came unglued during the deep wash but knowing it started out using contact cement it got a splash and fetched up just fine.
Slipped them on and wandered about... happy camper once again. Hey, lets go rip some...
Looks like sunny weather coming up and a base load of 2 meters( fewer rocks to tag) so I'll get the torture testing done perty dang soon.
Chowder-Roo

Sponsor

Staff online