• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Forget the injury; let's talk about the insult. How can you be riding in shorts and ALSO skiing? That's just not fair. We are freezing in the dark on our bikes and still two months away from proper skiing. WTF?
Well to be fair, Southern Ontario has been STELLAR the last week! :D I'm going out tomorrow, 23C! Unbelievable.. OTOH, 12C on Tuesday... :eek:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Forget the injury; let's talk about the insult. How can you be riding in shorts and ALSO skiing? That's just not fair. We are freezing in the dark on our bikes and still two months away from proper skiing. WTF?

Location, location, location!

I'm riding at just over 6kft altitude and skiing at almost 11kft. Also, I don't have a job yet, so I can ride in the middle of the day. My life will change drastically in another week, so I'm making the best of the time available.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@Rainbow Jenny , @Monique

Me:
IMG_6073-01.jpeg

@Wending (ouch!):

Snapseed.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's the spirit!

Reactions: Ron

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory is forever!
My practice husband used to have a T-Shirt, (may still have it).
Chicks dig scars
Bones heal
Skin grows back
Pain is temporary
But the glory of a good crash goes on forever.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
True! I put a fish hook through my finger (don't ask..) and couldn't get it back out. Easy to say back it out but it was barbed and entangled in a nerve! It was much less painful to simply saw the flesh away and pull it out. If I'd had wire cutters I'd probably have cut the barb off and backed it out..but.. Sawing it was!! :D

This makes me feel like throwing up!!

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

You did open a thread called Mud and Blood Report. :) Why it's a separate thread.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ THAT left a mark.

Beartown

Chasing the dragon
Skier
That was a ruptured gastroc from catching front tire inbetween two rocks while doing lift-serviced downhill, going over the bars, and slamming my calf into a tree. Was alone. Had to finish the difficult downhill section, ride the lift back up and ride back to condo with calf blowing up like a beach ball. No surgery, but had pitting edema for two months,. Shitty summer.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That was a ruptured gastroc from catching front tire inbetween two rocks while doing lift-serviced downhill, going over the bars, and slamming my calf into a tree. Was alone. Had to finish the difficult downhill section, ride the lift back up and ride back to condo with calf blowing up like a beach ball. No surgery, but had pitting edema for two months,. Shitty summer.
Owwwww. That hurts.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:eek:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
ehh, here's a couple.... there result of tearing adductors and abdominals. (going back about 8 years) thats my inner thigh. And a broken wrist from last July a week after getting released to ride from Hip surgery.
fullsizeoutput_781.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_32c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_31f.jpeg

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I took a closer look at my helmet. My head hurt after the fall, but I didn't notice damage.

Well, I don't know if it's damage, but the scratches indicate I hit the back of my head. Boy do I love helmets. This is the first time I've used this helmet. Given how rarely I ride, I'm tempted to keep wearing it .....

Oh, and, I made it through the MRI scans somehow. My followup is Thursday. can pretty much sleep without trouble, but being in a car at all makes it ache. I find myself clenching my teeth or digging my fingers into the back of my traps, which seems to help. I guess I'm hoping I just strained some muscles ...

20180731_082429.jpg
20180731_082402.jpg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier

There's a simple way to remove a barbed hook from your flesh that I learned from utube while bass fishing in a canoe in the dark. It's like magic but also explains how fish can throw a hook so easily at the right angle. For practice I recommend hooking yourself in the safety of your own home before trying it on the water. For larger hooks you have to push the point through the other side, cut the shaft, and pull it through. My uncle did this out on Buzzards Bay with a 6/0 galvanized hook.

Stupid but true story - my neighbor was screwing around with his fishing rod in his yard and my cat attacked the lure. She got a small treble hook in her belly skin. It was well worth the $300 trip to the vet since we has just got back from a week's vacation. I was pissed at him for a while but he's a great neighbor so forgive and forget. And besides my friend's dog killed one of his chickens.

Sponsor

Staff online