• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@epic I love the you're daughter is fearless.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just too busy to ride bikes...that is about to change in a few days. Really liking all the pics. Next month into November: Moab, lotsa Colorado, NH and certainly some Vermont. The Kingdom pic really makes me homesick! The Colorado stuff too! Shoulder season now PLEASE!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
For the first time ever, my car needs some work - and some part that's getting shipped - before I can drive it. Husband's car doesn't have a way to attach bikes, and he refuses to let me try to shove my bike into his BMW trunk. Totally unreasonable. So my biking plans are on hold until the parts are in and the car is fixed. =/

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I made this silly little video for a contest.

edit: I put in the Vimeo version, I didn't realize that Instagram would force it into a square.
That's a cool video :thumb:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Biking in the smoke is not good. I cut my ride short, was going to do a 18 miler, due to difficulty breathing. I know, that should have been obvious, but... a man's got to ride his new steed.

20170905_132458_french-gulch-road-jpg.29207

Today

20170608_151933.jpg

vs a 'regular' day.

20170905_141047_crop.jpg

This little guy hangs out on B&B and gets a new 'kit' every once in awhile. Hence the local name 'Tin Man' trail.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Biking in the smoke is not good. I cut my ride short, was going to do a 18 miler, due to difficulty breathing. I know, that should have been obvious, but... a man's got to ride his new steed.

Today

Well, that's no fun.

Reactions: Ron

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ where are the pics of the new steed on the trail?!

I get to work (not participate in, but work as a volunteer coach) at a women's MTB beginner clinic on Friday, then help guide an intermediate ride on Saturday. Both are part of a women's retreat that is held here annually. Women travel from all over the country. I am really excited!

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester

Today

View attachment 29208
vs a 'regular' day.

View attachment 29209
This little guy hangs out on B&B and gets a new 'kit' every once in awhile. Hence the local name 'Tin Man' trail.
Pics of the new steed?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I'll get at least a static shot soon. I often ride alone; selfies while trail riding are not recommended.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yep this smoke absolutely blows. I can wait no more but sure hope things settle down. I may as well bring some camels for the ride for old times sake.
20170906_172013.jpg
20170906_175125.jpg

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Is this Tahoe? Today was pretty good in the Sacramento Valley for the first time in a while.

Sorta. The trail climbs from the Carson valley off jacks valley road near target, home depot ect...and up into the forest above.

I got caught in some really nasty weather yesterday off lither pass so with a repeat today I dropped down here. I actually like the riding down here alot.

The sunsets are nice with all this smoke and rain
20170906_191207.jpg

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That is pretty. I'm pretty tired of smoke, but can't wait to see some rain.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So what trails did you ride at the Ghee?

So, I have heard the trails at Grand Targhee are fabulous, and now I can say first hand, they are FABULOUS! I don't do lift-served, but their DH trails also look amazing from what I could see. But their CC trails? To DIE for. What a hidden gem of an area. We loved it so much, we are contemplating another trip up there in early October. (And January, but that's for that other sport we all love :D.)
21078293_10214326376619627_4660263469989489993_n.jpg

21150189_10214326377299644_8455625592350801806_n.jpg

21150180_10214341726243358_4918086838279148976_n.jpg

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
That is pretty. I'm pretty tired of smoke, but can't wait to see some rain.

I really like the Folsom and Auburn area trails but have avoided all summer because of the heat down there. If this smoke doesn't clear locally and seems ok to the west I may venture down to Fleming meadows/Sly Park next week. That's been a goto winter spot for me and the trails are pretty sweet and similar to Tahoe

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Unfortunately, it looks like our 2 routt fires might burn until we get snow. The smoke here is really bad. Heres a before and after looking towards the ski mtn
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So what trails did you ride at the Ghee?
The whole Rick's Basin complex on day 1, then on day 2, we hit Andy's-Colter's-Rocky Mtn Way-Buffalo Soldier-Action Jackson (Action Jackson was a HOOT!)
Wanted to ride Peaked to 38 Special, but it was hot and smoky and we just didn't feel like doing that much climbing.

The trails there are top notch. Bonus is the lack of other people :thumb:

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I'm back in town for awhile now and want to get out but the smoke is horrible here and with my asthma I'm just not sure I want to be working that hard. On the other hand, the idea of an indoor workout of any kind makes me want to cry. Our chance of rain is slight for the next few days but there is a small chance so really hoping it will happen and help to clean the air a bit.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I really like the Folsom and Auburn area trails but have avoided all summer because of the heat down there. If this smoke doesn't clear locally and seems ok to the west I may venture down to Fleming meadows/Sly Park next week. That's been a goto winter spot for me and the trails are pretty sweet and similar to Tahoe

I've only road biked in Sly Park area (Mormon Emigrant Trail), but I've heard it's good mountain biking as well. I've mountain biked around Lake Natomas and Granite Bay, but not in Auburn yet. Some friends have been telling me to try the Hidden Falls trail there.
Today is slightly hazy and windy here.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tried to mountain bike here today. It ended up being mostly hike-a-bike. The trails were rutted and gutted hard-caked mud. On top of that, goathead thorns everywhere!
IMG_4062.JPG

The trails were trashed by cows. Very rutted and tough to ride.
IMG_4064.JPG

This was a fun section.
IMG_4067.JPG

I should have ridden these, but walked.
IMG_4069.JPG

My bike did get washed afterwards! Also thorns picked out of tires.
IMG_4064.JPG

Sponsor