• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Motocross 2017

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anybody been watching??)?
The euro looked really strong , liked the way Tomac regrouped and went after him, same with the Frenchman.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Tomac better get it done this season, Roczen will be back next year...

TS
V

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm getting ready to watch the second motos, it hurts to say it because the German was soooo fast on that new Honda but I don't think he can come back from that injury ,it looked like he has some permanent damage and that really sucks for him and the sport.
Tomac only has to finish this second moto, hopefully he'll go after the Dutchman, Decoster didn't seem to thrilled with the Dutchman.
On a side note I was in footloose this year and Roger was in there, I walked out at first but then went back ( I don't like to bother people ) shook his hand , couldn't have been nicer told him I was there in the 70's when his triple clamp broke on the downhill at carnegie!!!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A little mistake prevented Cairoli from taking the win and sewing up the championship, though IIRC, all he has to do is get a couple of points at the next race, since his lead is nearly 100 points.

I went from being a big Tomac fan to the opposite this year, after he tried to ride Dungey off the track multiple times in the last Supercross. I know the old "racing is rubbing" but that was ludicrous. In fact, I'd bet a good lunch that he would have been black flagged in an MXGP for that type of riding.

You might ask @Philpug to move this to the cars, etc. forum. I stuck a Moto GP thread there, and get a little bit of attention on it, but I'm a dirt guy at heart (grew up racing on the same tracks as Dungey, just a few decades later)!

TS
V

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey Tom just watched the race, was gone for the weekend yeah I agree about Tomac and Dungy last year , it was actually bizarre. I guess Eli ran away in the first moto , the euros definitely look good though, watched Anderson last year on you tube beat herlings also Eli with Caroli last year at glen Helen, but herlings at the iron man was a real eye opener.
Couldn't help but think if healthy this mini bike track they used would have been good for Anderson and baggett they both like to ride by the seat of there pants.
Let me know if you if you find any coverage of the des nations , I'll try and do the same.

TS
V

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey guys the des nations coverage is 10-1 at 2:00 pm and 10-2 at 7:00 pm on cbs network, don't know if that's east coast or west coast time.
Of course Heirlings is the fastest but it would be cool to see him and Osborne on 250's, one can only dream !!!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey guys the des nations coverage is 10-1 at 2:00 pm and 10-2 at 7:00 pm on cbs network, don't know if that's east coast or west coast time.
Of course Heirlings is the fastest but it would be cool to see him and Osborne on 250's, one can only dream !!!

A huge thank you for that.

We're leaving Saturday morning for a week, and I would have missed it!

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

tnx,
dvr set....

TS
V

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey have you guys ever watched Magoo ( Danny chandler ) in the wide world of sports 1982 superbikers ??
Watched it the other day on you tube, it's unbelievable.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Hey have you guys ever watched Magoo ( Danny chandler ) in the wide world of sports 1982 superbikers ??
Watched it the other day on you tube, it's unbelievable.

Magoo was a friend of mine. RIP :( I moved away and lost touch...had not seen him since the accident. Thank you for the reminder. Priceless.

http://dannymagoo.com/index.html

Last edited:

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Congrats Tomac !!!

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Coongrats AC! !

Sponsor

Staff online