• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mostly wine stuff

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm not going to read this who thread, but....

If you have not tried Winter's Hill from Oregon you are missing out, unless of course you don't like Pinot Noir. It is just amazing, we drink two different wines from their vineyard, can't remember the names. But we order multiple cases of each at a time. We found them when we were on an equestrian wine tour.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We drink Force of Nature so often at this one bar / restaurant we go to once a week (la rosa ' s in Andover MA) that they pull a bottle out when we come un. It's good and reasonably priced. ( Good and reliable, not a ten out of ten wine. )
20170429_204111.jpg
One advantage of being predictable. .. they open a bottle while we are waiting for a table. I love this place. Food and vibe is fantastic.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
my dregs .... and I thought this was filtered bottle ..others lacked em.

wine remains.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Nothing wrong with dregs......Teeth were made as filters too.

"That there is the finest unfiltered red wine plaque imaginable" :roflmao:

This went well with the steak and grilled veggies...I missed the winning goal flipping the veggies...Not sure where it came from....well ya CA, but LCBO or SAQ?

Yep, I was pretty sure they had some bottles from Paso Robles. Nothing exceptional to be sure but some.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I happen to think Marechal Foch can be a really good bottle - and so I continue taking chances.

This one was a rather well bad one - initial light strawberry sweetness (and if you are interpreting that as bland you'd be right on) followed by huge acid.

BUT, diluted with water about 20:1 it made for an exceptional summer refresher - and then with soda 10:1 a very appetizing spritzer. IMG_20170429_224005.jpg

I know diluted wine is not a very USAian drink- but really for refreshment it is awesome.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I happen to think Marechal Foch can be a really good bottle - and so I continue taking chances.

:eek:

Have fun with that. Let me know when you find one. Meanwhile I'll continue with my strange habit of using skis that turn up in the front and drinking wine made from grapes known for being at least palatable. :duck:

Reactions: mdf

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We drink so much red that I sometimes forget how good a Chardonnay can be.
20170501_213111.jpg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We drink so much red that I sometimes forget how good a Chardonnay can be.
View attachment 23242

That's an eight year old chard. Still okay? (Not to be confused with oaky.) Surprising. (Not for grand cru Chablis. maybe, but ... this isn't that.)

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep, still very full and round. Classic chard flavors.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I opened a bottle of Marechal Foch and when my wife tasted it she asked me if it had turned.:yahoo:

The last Swedish Hill MF I had was around 2001 - I remember it as better than the bottle I had above.

My belief is founded on a bottle I had by a QC producer around the same time - but it was restaurant-supply only.

But, seriously, try diluting it with club soda as a summer drink.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
The last Swedish Hill MF I had was around 2001 - I remember it as better than the bottle I had above.

My belief is founded on a bottle I had by a QC producer around the same time - but it was restaurant-supply only.

But, seriously, try diluting it with club soda as a summer drink.
Spritzers are an underrated summer drink.

Sponsor