• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Most Overlooked Skis of the 2015/2016 Season

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Because skiing in Europe is more like skiing in the Northeast not like skiing out West.

The Eastern skiers are looking for fatter skis than they normally ski because they are out west, the Euros are sticking with what they know and are familiar with.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Because skiing in Europe is more like skiing in the Northeast not like skiing out West.

One can tailor their ski experience to whatever one's looking for in the alps, no? (LaGrave vs St. Moritz, on piste vs. off, etc..) And the size (much above treeline) of the terrain in many places is mind boggling.... having only skied a couple places there, both were unique and about as far away from n.a. skiing (terrain and culture) as I can imagine. Off piste was as wide a range of conditions I've ever experienced... and in one descent! (max of about 4 per day in one region.) ogsmile

:beercheer:

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
At the demo centre where I work in 2016-17 we failed to sell a single pair of Line Pandora woman's skis. I don't think that the ski was disliked by anyone who tried the Pandora, except for the price: $700CDN for a flat ski. For comparison the Head Joy Collection skis were $700-750 including a binding.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid