• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Met up with fellow bear, Blackcomb today

TS
Lady_Salina

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
Seems an appropriate place to put a warning and maybe I'll add it to the Whistler gathering thread too... since all should be warned about this danger on the hill.

My post from facebook

Beware of the man @KingGrump that says, Lets ski under the chair, we should have a little contrast there they we can drop in some trees. It was a bit snowy and windy at ties. Can you say vertigo? This was a view down the run just before the one below.
20170209_124621.jpg

The wind clears to reveal the culprit. Seriously, beware if you see this man lurking around Whistler Blackcomb and he suggests some good runs.
20170209_124642.jpg 20170209_124621.jpg 20170209_124642.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Honestly, bright green jacket and pink skis was a good call for those conditions. Full disclosure with regard to gender and colors. I'll be skiing in purple, lavender pants tomorrow. Maybe Older Boot will post evidence hahahaha..

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm guessing you could see most of it from up there.

TS
Lady_Salina

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm guessing you could see most of it from up there.
Well you could see most of the mountain from up there (Both side of Blackcomb) and all of Whistler. Now about the slope we were about to head down... you could see the bottom 2/3's or at least 1/2 so not bad.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a great day skiing with Needham and his son from Epic.

If we pop over the cornice real hard, we can land all the way back over there by Seattle. Cockalorum off Whistler Peak.. LRC_P_20170222_103626.jpg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thus the reference to intermediate terrain. ogwink
Fale Face right next to it has a bit more exposure.

Wait, 70 is not that old. I ain't far. :eek:

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Thus the reference to intermediate terrain. ogwink
Fale Face right next to it has a bit more exposure.

Wait, 70 is not that old. I ain't far. :eek:
I joined that club a few months ago, yup, it's not that old.

I love these little exchanges among friends that continue to build the mythic legend of King Grump. King Arthur's legend pales in comparison. Brings smiles to my face.
Bruce, I will not be at this year's Gathering, among the many things I will miss is sharing some adult beverages with you and Mamie. Not sure if I'll miss the bunny slopes you lead the crew down! Take very good care of my 3 amigo's @JohnL , @SKI-3PO and @Gary Stolt

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We will miss you Mike!

Sponsor

Staff online