• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Memorable quotes from the season

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@SBrown (in reference to talking about how we keep our skis tuned, I said "not everyone keeps their skis tuned like we do")
"I don't keep my skis tuned like you do. If I need my skis tuned, I stay home"

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
@SBrown (in reference to talking about how we keep our skis tuned, I said "not everyone keeps their skis tuned like we do")
"I don't keep my skis tuned like you do. If I need my skis tuned, I stay home"
Really, I do not know anyone that would give up a day on snow just because their skis need to be tuned.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Cracks me up that Y'all took that quote so seriously.

Reactions: Ron

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
:roflmao:

Replies from Michigan, New Jersey, and Canada. Say no more. ogwink

(Don't worry, I'm on Day 58, which is my lowest in five years.)
Why do the soft snow people from Colorado have to tune their skis? Wax maybe but it is those of us that do not have the good snow that need to keep our skis sharp.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why do the soft snow people from Colorado have to tune their skis? Wax maybe but it is those of us that do not have the good snow that need to keep our skis sharp.
Winner winner!!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Soooo..... is it just a way of saying "my skis are never so out of tune that it would keep me from skiing?"

Man, I'm so lost and/or overthinking it... where's that embarrased smiley? I guess this will do... :(

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Soooo..... is it just a way of saying "my skis are never so out of tune that it would keep me from skiing?"

Man, I'm so lost and/or overthinking it... where's that embarrased smiley? I guess this will do... :(

"My snow is never so bad that I need a tune."

James

Out There
Instructor
This is basically the conversation I had more than once this year with a group of young kids in the black diamond group. This one was late season.

"Guys, this looks terrible. Excellent! We'll go here"
-" Why are we always skiing stuff that's bad?"
"Because you're good."
-"That doesn't make sense! You always make us ski stuff that's bad. We want to ski good stuff!"
"I agree. This is good. In fact, it looks fantastic."
-"You said it was terrible! There's rocks!"
"Exactly! That's why it's good."
-"It's good because there's rocks??"
"No, it's good because there's snow. What do we ski on? Like we say in the trees?"
-"Snow?"
"That's right, 'the white stuff'."
-"Isn't that the same thing?"
"Hopefully. But actually gray, for ice is ok too. Just not brown, black, green"
-"Well, I don't want to ski this. It's hard. There's rocks!"
"Ok, look. See that curve there to the side that goes underneath the rock? Put your skis in that and ride it around like a rollercoater. You'll go fast but then it heads uphill and you'll slow down. Don't head straight for the rock from here. Follow that path there to the side."
-"Arrgh! I want to ski good snow!"
"Alright, after this I promise we'll ski...other snow. At least we can see now, remember this morning?"
-"Couldn't see anything! And we had to ski!"
"I know, think of how much easier it is now we can see. That's why this is fantastic! Now follow this path...[skiing off]"
-"Arrgh! I hate this!"

James

Out There
Instructor
Well, I was at Snowmass once in the rental dept during a time when the snow was quite hard. A lot of awful frozen manmade around too. I know @Ron was there one of those days. Prob 2010. A woman came in returning a pair of skis wanting a different one. She walked in yelling ,"I don't care what skis they are as lomg as they're sharp!".

I tune and wax my skis once a season whether they need it or not.
For Christmas?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
LOL, well, I will keep a nice 3 edge on the Ax's

man-made snow is much more coarse and a much higher moisture content coupled with typically inconsistent temps and add-in mostly groomed surfaces makes for much faster wear on skis. So there's really much less need to keep tuning skis as much here.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Riding the lift up in pea soup today I can hear but not see a boarder or skier coming down somewhere near the lift. I was proven correctangular when I heard the following surprised exclamation: "Oh shit! There's the lift!" At that point I could barely make out a boarder about 40 feet away.

Sponsor

Staff online