• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Make me a demo list.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Front is Fox 36 Fit4 160mm rear is Monarch Plus Debonair RC3 200x57mm

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Finally got ,my wheel in. All up weight is 29 lb 6 oz. I guess I can live with that since both tires are in the 900g range. Pictures soon.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Since we keep geeking on tires (guilty!) I chose Mavic tires (made by Hutchinson) Claw XL 2.5" front and Quest Pro XL 2.4" rear. Rims are Mavic XA Pro carbon 26mm internal. I measured the tires with my calipers, the 2.4" is 71mm wide, and somehow the 2.5" tire is 69mm. Strange, but whatever, we know those numbers don't really mean much. I haven't ridden the Quest yet, but it looks very much like the old Charge XL which I liked. The Claw is looking like more of a mud tire, very open and relatively small knobs. It actually rolls quite well, but it doesn't put a lot of rubber down on hardpack and it's side knobs are spaced too far apart for making a dam in sand. It will clear mud well and it bites nicely in soft ground.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
2.8"???? thats quite bizarre. yeah, imho they do matter. with a narrow rim for a tire that wide pay attention to the side wall and how round that profile is.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
is 71mm what your 2.8s measure at? These things ride great so far. Very happy with them.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
no, i'm riding maxxis rekon 2.6's & Dhf 2.6 on ibis 741 i35's (35mm internal). the both measure about 2.55" or 65mm . i love the 2.6! anyone who can, should try them.

Last edited:
TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
My caliper (Park digital) was acting very strange. Maybe those numbers are totally wrong.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
DSC_3377.jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@epic ... Mont Ste. Anne report?

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
I'm still pretty stoked on the Evil. I had a near-JRA incident last weekend that resulted in a broken rear wheel. I'm waiting to see what happens with warranty and pondering wether I wish to continue with carbon wheels or go back to metal ones. In the meantime, I am on a borrowed beat up old I9 wheel. It has a 21 or 23 internal width vs. 26 on my carbon wheel. I gotta say, I love the feel of that narrower rim on the rear. That extra feedback that I get from the sidewalls is great. Same tire, 24-25 psi on the wider rim, 30 psi on the narrow one.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I gotta say, I love the feel of that narrower rim on the rear. That extra feedback that I get from the sidewalls is great. Same tire, 24-25 psi on the wider rim, 30 psi on the narrow one.

Interesting.

Sponsor

Staff online