• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
its a cue that I need food. I know my limits..... once I feel light headed that's another cue.

Btw, I'm down to two meals a day, sometimes big one and the rest of the day I graze. I asked myself why is three meals a day the right number, is it physical or social. Could never find any thing definitive so I just adjusted to two meals.

TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
its a cue that I need food. I know my limits..... once I feel light headed that's another cue.

Btw, I'm down to two meals a day, sometimes big one and the rest of the day I graze. I asked myself why is three meals a day the right number, is it physical or social. Could never find any thing definitive so I just adjusted to two meals.
I eat three meals a day plus snacks (fruit, yogurt). I usually skip the snacks if it's not a work day. I'm a nurse and my work days are long and active. I need more energy on those days. I try not to eat any "big" meals; I don't like feeling like I over ate. But during ski season I eat out often, which leads me to overeat.
I'm curious about your avatar, @jack97, is it a bobcat or a lynx?

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
I pack granola bars during my days outdoor, hiking and skiing. Seems to quell my hunger so I can get back home and eat my normal size meal. If its a long drive, I get an ice tea and nuts at a gas station, the former to keep me awake and the latter to put something in my belly.

My avatar is a Scottish Wildcat,kitten shown below. Got tired of the default this forum placed so I looked up Wildcat my favorite mountain and found those beautiful looking animals. Kind of sad that they are going extinct tho, also reminds me the type of skiing Wildcat offers is becoming rare as well.

scottish-wildcat-kittens-help-species-claw-back-from-brink-of-extinction-136407338101703901-160713174016.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I pack granola bars during my days outdoor, hiking and skiing. Seems to quell my hunger so I can get back home and eat my normal size meal. If its a long drive, I get an ice tea and nuts at a gas station, the former to keep me awake and the latter to put something in my belly.

My avatar is a Scottish Wildcat,kitten shown below. Got tired of the default this forum placed so I looked up Wildcat my favorite mountain and found those beautiful looking animals. Kind of sad that they are going extinct tho, also reminds me the type of skiing Wildcat offers is becoming rare as well.

scottish-wildcat-kittens-help-species-claw-back-from-brink-of-extinction-136407338101703901-160713174016.jpg
The pic in your avatar looks just like a bobcat I saw in Yosemite Valley. The one of the kitten looks just like the kittens that crawled out from under my back deck one year. Is Wildcat Mountain an independent ski area?

TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

The pic in your avatar looks just like a bobcat I saw in Yosemite Valley. The one of the kitten looks just like the kittens that crawled out from under my back deck one year. Is Wildcat Mountain an independent ski area?

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think NA bobcat and European wildcats are close to the same species. I think its cool that your deck may had been a den.

Wildcat Mountain was an independent, always had the just for skiing and riding vibe. Lots of natural terrain, big rocks, drop offs but no park features. Reminds me of Mad River Glen at VT but they allow riders and has a high speed quad. They got bought out by Peak Resort, this company owns Attitash as well, about 15 to 20 mins apart but at a traffic light that splits the two, its about a 5 to ten minute difference. Peak Resorts purchased Wildcat at a good price and they reinvested in infrastructure at both places. Attitash has always been a groomer mountain. In recent years, Wildcat has only made snow on a couple of long trails that go T2B, they mainly groom those trails and leave the rest of the trails alone. The latter relies on natural snow and they have trees to protect them from wind. Hoping it will be kept that way... if you want groom go to Attiash or if you want natural terrain go to Wildcat, same day ticket or season pass gets you in either place.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bumping an old thread....

Just found a few videos from Deb Armstrong that addresses the thread topic

Ski Conditioning, Stamina and Agility

Ski Conditioning, Dynamic Balance and foot placement

Sponsor