• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LOOK, bring back the Pivot 15

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
w/stainless steel cup for the pole tip! (across the Pivot line)

THAT's what I want! :yahoo:

All in favor, please respond

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Yes please. Just put a softer spring in the P18 and charge us $50 less for it. (The inverse of what you do for the P12/P14). Oh, and drop the 14 while you're at it. P12, P15, P18 -- nice even gaps.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes please. Just put a softer spring in the P18 and charge us $50 less for it. (The inverse of what you do for the P12/P14). Oh, and drop the 14 while you're at it. P12, P15, P18 -- nice even gaps.
And they can bring back the 2-6 and 3-9 while they are at it, 6-9-12-15-18. :thumb: I'd be happy with a 80-85mm brake option. I Don't think they need to drop the 14 but just make that the Dual (WTR) compatible model.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How 'bout we spice up this thread with PIX of your PIVOT's on snow? :yahoo:
:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:
:useless:

Don't have any. I have had 15's on Rossi E88, Legend 94's and currently on my white The Ski but no pictures on snow.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Don't have to be 15's... just PIVOT love in general.

As to the 'don't have any', that's why we need to bring them back!!!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Don't have to be 15's... just PIVOT love in general.

As to the 'don't have any', that's why we need to bring them back!!!

OK...here are two of @Tricia and myself.
428653_10150705822546138_540901137_11873239_563202140_n.jpg

IMG_1168.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Isn't getting married and skiing on a powder day good for at least 50 years of unimaginable happiness?
I'm pretty sure that's the rule... :hug:
Yes, it is a (Nordica) Steadfast rule.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I apologize up front for the seemingly green snow in the following pictures... it's all I got to work with! (does anyone remember the green snow they used to make in front of the lodge/Blarney Room @ Brodie for St. Paddy's Day?)
Rossignol FKS 155 (Pivot 15 variant). YES, you can have a DIN 6 setting on an all metal Pivot!

IMG_1177.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1179.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have some blue Pivot 15's that would look very good on the Enforcers.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Isn't getting married and skiing on a powder day good for at least 50 years of unimaginable happiness?
I'm pretty sure that's the rule... :hug:
I know it was a pivotal experience for me. :)

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm, I guess I am in a minority of 1 here but I have no love at all for the Pivot family. Still too many bad memories from the old 77/99 (iirc) not latching in properly with the inevitable results. Never quite trust them iim afraid. Although I do have one set of FKS 18 in the quiver on an older Rossi DH. however based on a lot more experience with the PX?MX series the 15/18 toe is a whole lot better.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmm, I guess I am in a minority of 1 here but I have no love at all for the Pivot family. Still too many bad memories from the old 77/99 (iirc) not latching in properly with the inevitable results. Never quite trust them iim afraid. Although I do have one set of FKS 18 in the quiver on an older Rossi DH. however based on a lot more experience with the PX?MX series the 15/18 toe is a whole lot better.
Bindings are all about confidence. I skied S727's then got on a pair of 747's and had a nasty pre release on Conclusion at Kton, I didn't ski Salomons again until the 977 came out. I walked out of some Marker M51's in a bad situation and still haven't fully committed back to them.

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
The demand for a Pivot 15 is intriguing to me. Why not just ski the 18? I kind of like the way they have the binding line set up right now. The Pivot 14 is a great binding for most skiers, and if you want the full metal toe piece jump up to the 18.

Is it a DIN range issue or spring weight?

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
The demand for a Pivot 15 is intriguing to me. Why not just ski the 18? I kind of like the way they have the binding line set up right now. The Pivot 14 is a great binding for most skiers, and if you want the full metal toe piece jump up to the 18.

It's the non useful DIN range of the 18 and I want the one piece full metal toe.
I usually ski mine @ 7 or a bit less (yes, big feet)
And anyone who CAN'T stay in a Pivot @ 15 DIN is doing something wrong!

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
It's the non useful DIN range of the 18 and I want the one piece full metal toe.
I usually ski mine @ 7 or a bit less (yes, big feet)
And anyone who CAN'T stay in a Pivot @ 15 DIN is doing something wrong!

That's what I expected, but I wasn't sure.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

The 12 and 14 are the same binding, and unless someone is skiing over a 10DIN, the 12 is just fine, that brings us to the 15 verses 18. The 15 has a 6-15 range which is more than fine for more than 95% of the skiers out there that ski a higher DIN binding, the other less than 5% probably have never bought a piece of gear in their life. Look offers the 1018 for the race skis so that range isn't needed. I think Salomon did a good job making the 16DIN a 7-16 verses the old one being 9-16.

Sponsor

Staff online