• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Test: 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As Nordica prepares to release a 93mm version of its smash hit Enforcer, we have to ask: Can lightning strike twice?

Initial impressions:
Nordica is staying with a proven design. All too many times, a brand takes a great product and an established name and puts it on a lesser ski. Not the case here with Nordica and the Enforcer 93. The Enforcer has gone from being just a model to being a series of skis, and that is fine. From 10 paces, the 93 could be the 100, so there was no change in shape. Profile also stays the same, why wouldn't it? The current Enforcer has the perfect balance of rocker in the tip and tail and camber, "Camrock" in Nordica-ese. I still love ... love ... love the matte black finish -- not that the red-blue fade stopped any sales, they sold out at the corporate level as fast as any ski ever has, but this design just looks bad-ass.

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG IMG_0354.JPG

My Enforcer 100 Protos had Pivots on them, which limited who could ski them; these are mounted with demo bindings so more people will be able to test.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Still waiting... :Cristmassnow:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Are they really going to call it Enforcer 93? I figured that is just what we are calling it until they tell us the real name.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are they really going to call it Enforcer 93? I figured that is just what we are calling it until they tell us the real name.
Enforcer is now going to be a series, 93, 100 and I heard rumor of 108 but not a confirmation on that yet. I know there will also be a Santa Ana 93 to complement the men's 93.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Enforcer is now going to be a series, 93, 100 and I heard rumor of 108 but not a conformation on that yet. I know there will also be a Santa Ana 93 to complement the men's 93.

Woah, you have my attention now! I'm still jonesing for a narrower Samba-ish ski. I could honestly see myself skiing something in the upper 80's/low 90's width pretty much exclusively. The 98's are just a tad wide for me at times. Yet I keep reaching for them because dammit, they are just so much fun!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Nordica is here at Stowe. I will look for an enforcer 108. I saw a pair of Enforcer 93 being skied very poorly down Perry Merrill today.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Interested to see if the 93 sticks or they put it on a diet to get it to 90? I will await to hear the reviews. What is the TR on the proto-type?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK, Phil, you're had your pair for a while. Is it softer than the 100mm Enforcer? How would you compare the two?

I would say they are near identical which is good. As I said in my initial post above, shape, profile and as you asked, flex, are nearly identical with the 100mm version. I hope to get these out on snow tomorrow.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I am assuming the same lengths as the 100 as well?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I took out the 93s today at Northstar.

IMG_0387.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG

Going from the 100s to the 93s made my boots look fat.
I imagine most of you are expecting me to say these ski just like this year's Enforcer but just a bit quicker edge to edge. Sorry, no, these are different skis. Even though the construction, shape, flex, and sidecut are identical, these do ski different. I own the current Enforcer in a 177 and enjoy it; I have skied it in a 185 and like that too. The 2017 Enforcer 93 Proto that I received is a 177 and it feels short, real short. I found this is not uncommon: most of the 95±mm skis I tried ski short, and I preferred almost every one in the 184-5ish length. I will ski the 185 later this week and report back, but I have a feeling that just like the other skis in this category, the 185 will be muuuu-neee. Again, stay tuned.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Is it just the photos, or is there an awful lot of tail on those?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is it just the photos, or is there an awful lot of tail on those?
Not unusual, I think the mount point is correct. What is deceptive is the tip and tail rise that isn't always visible from the view from above.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
For anybody wondering, the production topsheet is a silver/grey version of the Enforcer. I really like the looks of the Santa Ana topsheets. Bright purple and pink! I'd ski them myself if they share the same flex as the boys' skis.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For anybody wondering, the production topsheet is a silver/grey version of the Enforcer. I really like the looks of the Santa Ana topsheets. Bright purple and pink! I'd ski them myself if they share the same flex as the boys' skis.
Yes, the new top sheets on both the Santa Ana and Enforcers, in both sizes 100 and 93 look really good. Simpler and a little more muted that the current ones. Like @epic said, the Santa Ana's look fantastic.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
the new Santa Anas looks sick. The color scheme is not 'girly" If I could own that with 2 sheet of metal in the right size I would.

BTW the new Green Patrons looked really cool as well.

just to be clear the E93 is silver gray and next year's Enforcer is still blue and red just different from this year.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
the new Santa Anas looks sick. The color scheme is not 'girly" If I could own that with 2 sheet of metal in the right size I would.

BTW the new Green Patrons looked really cool as well.

just to be clear the E93 is silver gray and next year's Enforcer is still blue and red just different from this year.
I'd like to see them, because the though of purple and pink women's skis just...no. I'll take your word that they are awesome.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Nordica is here at Stowe. I will look for an enforcer 108.
I don't think you'll find one. The image Nordica sent out that shows net season's line-up only shows the 100 and 93. I'm guessing the 108 will be for the 2017-18 season. What you should look for is the Soul Rider 87.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0401.JPG

Nordica Enforcer 93, 185cm w/ Tyrolia Attack 13 demo binding.

IMG_0405.JPG

I took the 185s into Monument Glades at Northstar, as Jon Lovett used to say..."Yeah, THAT'S the ticket." I am home, baby. I don't know why there is such a difference between these in the 185 and 177 and not as much in the 100s and why the 100s are acceptable in the 177 and these were just nervous skis. Was it the snow? It was sort of inconsistent but that feeling tends to make us ski lousy fore and aft and these were just skittish. The tune? It was a pretty aggressive tune underfoot, Soren measured it and it was a 0.7°/3°. Just looking down at the tip, I felt like there was nothing there.

Now, the 185s. Muuuu-neeee. These felt like the 100s did the first time I got on them last season. Solid ski, it is doing everything I expected it to do, playful in the bumps, carved well and just rocked.
  • Who is it for? This is the East Coast Enforcer: a great tree ski, wide enough for the softer snow.
  • Who is it not for? 11/10th chargers. Someone who wants to feel the whole length of the ski.
  • Insider tip: Go long, don't shortcut yourself. If you are between two sizes, choose the longer one.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'd like to see them, because the though of purple and pink women's skis just...no. I'll take your word that they are awesome.
They are sweeeeeeeet!

Sponsor

Staff online