• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is the 2017 Z90. New colors, white sidewalls and has a mount point that is dialed. Golds went to a silver and a bit more definition in the design more like the Limited (on the lookers right). These are @KenYz's skis.

img_1587-jpg.33583

IMG_1588.JPG
IMG_1590.JPG

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I suck at math but it sounds like the Pugski recommendation is still pretty much -2.5cm. I think .625 is pretty close to 5/8. I say Pugski recommendation only because that was a term used early on in this thread.

The only question would be to confirm these are still the points with the current mark

"Updated PugSki recommended mounting position are as follows for all Z-Line (77mm or 90mm) skis:
157 or 165cm: -2cm from current mark (or 28.4" & 29.875" pull from tail respectively for pugski location)
174cm: -2.5cm from current mark (or 30.625" pull from tail for pugski location)
180cm: -3cm from current mark (or 31.25" pull from tail for pugski location)"

cmackvt

Putting on skis
Skier
I had Look Pivots mounted by centering the boot on the mark because I thought the line had been changed to reflect the Pugski recommendations. Now I need to rush home after work and measure the distance from the tail!.
Hate to think I messed the new Z90's up!

Cyrus Schenck

Founder of Renoun Skis
Skier
Manufacturer
I had Look Pivots mounted by centering the boot on the mark because I thought the line had been changed to reflect the Pugski recommendations. Now I need to rush home after work and measure the distance from the tail!.
Do the skis have a white sidewall?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The only question would be to confirm these are still the points with the current mark

"Updated PugSki recommended mounting position are as follows for all Z-Line (77mm or 90mm) skis:
157 or 165cm: -2cm from current mark (or 28.4" & 29.875" pull from tail respectively for pugski location)
174cm: -2.5cm from current mark (or 30.625" pull from tail for pugski location)
180cm: -3cm from current mark (or 31.25" pull from tail for pugski location)"

Exactly. That's the question.
Have the mount lines on the skis been changed to reflect this? I have my skis at the shop now , so I cant measure

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Exactly. That's the question.
Have the mount lines on the skis been changed to reflect this? I have my skis at the shop now , so I cant measure
Not sure, tell them to measure it.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

Meh... what's an extra set of holes between friends? ogsmile

cmackvt

Putting on skis
Skier
Do the skis have a white sidewall?

I just got home and checked out the Z 90's (174). They have white sidewalls and I measured to the mark on the sidewall and it is close to 30.625. The skis also have a sticker on the surface that has an arrow pointing to the mark on the sidewall stating "recommended boot center". Glad Cyrus and crew made it dummy proof for me!

I've skied them once after spending 2 days on the Bonafides. Too early for a report but they are stable and quick. We need a lot more snow and open terrain before they can really be skied.

Last edited:

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
From another Renoun thread:

Philpug said:
Mount on the 180 is 31 1/4" from the tail.

So, is this to say it should be back from the center mark, the center mark is inaccurate or mount on the line?

This 2mm discrepancy could be life changing and keep me up at night, you know. ;)

renoun_mount point.jpg

Sweet skis Cyrus. Thanks!

And useful swag:

IMG_4633.jpg

I'm drooling and wanna drill these babes:

IMG_4636 (1).jpg

Regarding Phil's comment on one ski quiver for the east being the Z90's, I'm hoping these will essentially be a one ski quiver for Telluride, most days.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online