• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
It is that sort of ski for sure.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I plan on getting the 174 Z90 even though the site recommends a smaller ski. I bought a Look Pivot 12 to put on them. II am 5'8"', 151 lbs. I weighed 175 when I skied the Z90 this winter.

We are relatively close in size. I had similar questions and after a conversation with Cyrus I went with the 174. Turned out to be a great decision. You won't be sorry. I don't want to sound like an over the top promo so I will just say I think you will be very happy.

Now if I could only find 20 people wanting the 104 in a 178.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My friend traceys dad skied until he was 79 and I hope with every core of my being that i make it that long if not longer. I wished I'd started skiing earlier than 38 but hey better late than never.

cmackvt

Putting on skis
Skier
So I ordered Renoun Z90's and just received an e-mail saying they'll ship in early November. The big surprise was that they are dropping the price and refunding people, like me, who already paid for the skis. I've seen several comments on the great customer service of Cyrus Schenck at Renoun but this just proves to me that they really are thinking about their customers. Hats off to Renoun!
Chet

Ice Coast

Booting up
Skier
So how would these babies stack up to any of the similarly priced DPS skis?

DPS' Alchemist Cassiar 85 and the limited DPS Powderworks Cassiar 87, in particular.

I'm on the East Coast (NYC) and I'm looking to grab that one ski to plow through anything.

FWIW I think the Endurance is more my ski than the Z-90 but it's too wide for some of the good awful ice conditions I see.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Z-90 is much more forntside oriented, it is just inherent in it's shape. With that said, I did have it in a foot or so of fresh in Steamboat and it didn't hold me back much.

Ice Coast

Booting up
Skier
The Z-90 is much more forntside oriented, it is just inherent in it's shape. With that said, I did have it in a foot or so of fresh in Steamboat and it didn't hold me back much.
Interesting. Thanks for the perspective.

Then again, at that price point, it's tough to go wrong either way.

Decisions decisions

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting. Thanks for the perspective.

Then again, at that price point, it's tough to go wrong either way.

Decisions decisions
100 day guarantee. Can't go wrong. I picked up the Z-90 last season, and did not regret it. From ice, to crud to 12"+ of POW, all north east resorts, the Z-90's performed fantastically. They are surprising quick edge to edge, and love to high speed rip arcs.

Ice Coast

Booting up
Skier
100 day guarantee. Can't go wrong. I picked up the Z-90 last season, and did not regret it. From ice, to crud to 12"+ of POW, all north east resorts, the Z-90's performed fantastically. They are surprising quick edge to edge, and love to high speed rip arcs.
Appreciate the insight as well! I'm not much of a speedster (yet?). I'm all about having fun.

Now if only they offered a different topsheet (all white or all black would do, to be honest lol). The Endurance (something I'm also strongly considering) has one of the nicest top sheet's I've ever seen. Especially the white one. My word, what a beaut.

Seems like a Renoun might be in my future either way. Now to get a new set of boots around NYC and we'll be set to grip it and rip it

Last edited:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Appreciate the insight as well!

Now if only they offered a different topsheet (all white or all black would do, to be honest lol). The Endurance (something I'm also strongly considering) has one of the nicest top sheet's I've ever seen. Especially the white one. My word, what a beaut.

Looks like Renoun is in my future either way. Now to get a new set of boots around NYC and we'll be set to grip it and rip it
They are small enough, I'd ask @Cyrus Schenck what a custom top sheet would cost. Worth asking :).

BTW, I have a "custom" pair that looks like nobody else's. That's because I bought two "left" skis. I thought it was fitting, because I've been told I dance like I have two left feet . . .

Ice Coast

Booting up
Skier
They are small enough, I'd ask @Cyrus Schenck what a custom top sheet would cost. Worth asking :).

BTW, I have a "custom" pair that looks like nobody else's. That's because I bought two "left" skis. I thought it was fitting, because I've been told I dance like I have two left feet . . .
Good point. I suppose it could be worth a shot.

As a college student who only graduated a few years ago, I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be spending this much on skis. But, alas, once you get a good job it's SIGNIFICANTLY more fun to live in NYC lol.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not sure I believe you sans a photo with snow on said skis :useless:

I was about to say, Sorry, I didn't take any photos today, when I saw one while looking for something else! Obviously an accident, but all my best photos are accidents ...

IMG_3032.JPG

Cyrus Schenck

Founder of Renoun Skis
Skier
Manufacturer

we don't do custom graphics - Happy to point you towards Mark from Parlor who can hook it up and makes great skis as well.