• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

General Lessons learned from an incident

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Please please please people -- do not admonish this as a "stupid" mistake that could've been prevented.
It's all just a point from which someone looks at it. Everything, and literally everything that ends up with dead or injury is "stupid mistake". And every such thing could be prevented, if nothing else with laying on sofa at home. But I will say luckily and not unfortunately, we are active people who like to be out in nature, so laying at home is not an option. Now, unfortunately, we all do mistakes. Are they stupid? Yeah I guess, but at the time you make it, it normally doesn't sound that stupid, so that's why you go and do certain thing on first place. I still try to limit stupid mistakes as much as possible, and yes I will still try to learn from every mistake I make, and also from every mistake anyone else makes. So even if someone would mark such accident we are discussing here as "stupid mistake", at least I will still try to get some knowledge out of it to learn something new which might help me one day, not to do same mistake. So even if it's really sad to read such things, I still do mainly to try to protect myself. So I actually appreciate discussion about this.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Well, with the further development in this story, one thing we can learn is to make sure you take care of the survivors too. I'm sure the guilt was unbelievably crushing, but compounding the tragedy by suicide only adds to the pain. I'm not trying to cast blame on anyone involved in this situation, but it might be something to consider if someone we know survives an incident that others did not.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
one thing we can learn is to make sure you take care of the survivors too

Absolutely. The suicide got me thinking. Suicide watch and psychiatric care for survivors for sure. Then, those incidences in which another team or party triggers an injurious or fatal event, gotta set aside anger and watch out for them too.

Sponsor