• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Leadville Trail 100 MTB

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With the Leadville Trail MTB this weekend, there are some interesting stories popping up a bout the event
The Leadville Trail 100 Races Kick Off This Weekend

This article in Steamboat Today is an interesting take on the Leadville Trail 100 MTB

Spoke Talk: Leadville is worth it
From the article:
For two years, I tried to get in by riding the Silver Rush 50. First year, no go. Second year, got it.

Those two summers and my days spent in Leadville opened my eyes to what a fascinating place it is. There were super athletes on $10,000 bikes cruising by skateboard punk rock dudes smoking cigarettes.

There was a pug on the roof of the house next to High Mountain Pies (I still have the picture) barking incessantly. There was a Lamborghini parked by a rusted-out Chevy pickup. It was bizarre and a complete clash of lifestyles. I loved it more every time I went.

Other news about this Leadville event.
Landis and Zabriske taking on Leadville

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Won in six hours and change.

Astounding event, but not a mountain bike race.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Leadville is on my bucket list.. I have no idea how I'd finish that...but if there's a 12 hour cutoff I'd make it!! :D

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A friend rode the mtb race then the 10k this weekend. He's previously done the running version. Another friend previously attempted the 100 mile mtb followed the next weekend (I think) 100 mile running race. I have some crazy friends.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You won? I was surprised Landis was saying he was going to ride a full-sus bike.

No, no, no! Sorry for the truncated interweb typing style. Howard Grotts won it in 6:15 which is crazy fast for a 100 mtb race.

A friend rode the mtb race then the 10k this weekend. He's previously done the running version. Another friend previously attempted the 100 mile mtb followed the next weekend (I think) 100 mile running race. I have some crazy friends.

Sure, but crazy in a GOOD way, right?!

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
Wasn't there a documentary about it some years back? Lance Armstrong was in it that year (no, he didn't win, no even close)

Sponsor