• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Things are looking pretty good... update, 5-1 Final
O'Keefe pints for everyone!
:beercheer:

Last edited:
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
We were having a discussion after the game at the local beer joint...that game does count? It's not an exhibition game?

You were watching @ Tremblant? I assume the game was well received there? :yahoo:

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Yes and no. We have a lot of Americans up this week.....After game talk was that Montreal should host. That would be the year it would be -20C!

You gotta start hanging out with more Quebecois people ;)

Now that would be one hell of a party if they had the Classique Hivernale in Montreal :beercheer:

Last edited:
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So I happened to have a look @ the standings and what do I see?
FL, Dallas and Los Angeles in the top slot of 3 out of 4 divisions :doh:

This has to be a sign the world is coming to an end... :nono:

The problem has been partially solved, Habs back on top in the Atlantic after fully dominating B's offensive end most of the game.
Leaves me with a warm feeling knowing they kicked their butts @ home in 'Patriotville', MA.
My toque is off to you boys :thumb:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Don't forget the Leaf's sweater, it'll help make the trip 'special' :rolleyes:

So Leafs win..I'm telling the two guys behind me, both wearing jerseys, that there's no way Peter Holland and P.A. Parenteau will score in the shootout..well don't they?? Huh..didn't see that coming. Then I end up at Primanti's and I order a sammidge that apparently comes with fries..I see no ketchup on the table..I defer..sammidge comes and the fries are IN the sammidge!!! WTF?!?! I mean, it was ok tasting..but on the sammidge?!?!? Sheesh...

scott43

Skier
So I happened to have a look @ the standings and what do I see?
FL, Dallas and Los Angeles in the top slot of 3 out of 4 divisions :doh:

This has to be a sign the world is coming to an end... :nono:

I blame the media..nobody gives a crap about the teams there, except perhaps Dallas a bit, so the players can play and have fun. Playing under the Toronto media is like being dragged across broken glass naked while being doused in Tabasco...

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I blame the media..nobody gives a crap about the teams there, except perhaps Dallas a bit, so the players can play and have fun. Playing under the Toronto media is like being dragged across broken glass naked while being doused in Tabasco...

And, like most other people in the world, even the hockey guys like living in warm weather. Golf is accessible after they miss the playoffs, and the WAGs are much happier.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
And, like most other people in the world, even the hockey guys like living in warm weather. Golf is accessible after they miss the playoffs, and the WAGs are much happier.

MOST seg? I personally hate the warm weather. HATE it. My Quebecois blood boils @ around 75 degrees F. I suspect I need to live above 9000' after retirement, or a lot farther north in a pinch! As for the WAGs, they picked the life of being bounced around the country at the whim of
sports agents and trades, actually can't see that as a life choice but whatever works for them.

Golf? 'a good walk wasted' is all I'll say to that.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider

Do you think Toronto media really is worse than in Montreal? Because I can't see how that's possible. Or maybe you have the English version of the same thing!!!

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
MOST seg? I personally hate the warm weather. HATE it. My Quebecois blood boils @ around 75 degrees F. I suspect I need to live above 9000' after retirement, or a lot farther north in a pinch! As for the WAGs, they picked the life of being bounced around the country at the whim of
sports agents and trades, actually can't see that as a life choice but whatever works for them.

Golf? 'a good walk wasted' is all I'll say to that.

Yep, most. Not all. And not me. I'm the same, once it gets into the 80s I start melting.

scott43

Skier
Yep, most. Not all. And not me. I'm the same, once it gets into the 80s I start melting.

Most hockey players play golf as well. I think it's a big attraction. There's a reason nobody wants to go to Edmonton and not just because the front office if in disarray...

Sponsor