• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Questionable calls and fighting in hockey?? No way!

Now which of the many bad calls and non calls determined the outcome of the game? Officiating is just one more element of the game to overcome. As for fighting, well I've been told repeatedly that there is a purpose to this extracurricular violence by the purist. From keeping the peace to sending a message to setting the tone to reeving up the bench it just seems that in hockey, violent collisions within the loosely enforced rules of the game isn't enough. We all like a nice face wash after all.
In spite of sometimes being on the losing end of a horrible call (not necessarily this time), I'd like to see all sports at all levels return to 100% human officiating with no replays during the game. I'm all for reviewing footage after the game to adjudicate horrible cheap shots that the officials missed during the game. Keep it safe, ban the goons, but refs should call the game free of tech same as players play the game free of tech assistance.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
17 Cup.jpg

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
As for fighting, well I've been told repeatedly that there is a purpose to this extracurricular violence by the purist. From keeping the peace to sending a message to setting the tone to reeving up the bench it just seems that in hockey, violent collisions within the loosely enforced rules of the game isn't enough. We all like a nice face wash after all.

It's complicated.. :) Feel free to play volleyball.. :D

scott43

Skier
I see Drouin signed in Montreal..that's either brilliant or a train wreck..I hope the Quebecois media and fans are kind to the..tempermental..Qubecois player..otherwise..fail.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
You know that here in the 'Burgh our professional sports team are a pretty big deal. We have been bless to watch some really talented athletes play for a lot of championships. Over my life time I've watched the home team win 3 World Series, 6 Super Bowls and 5 Stanley Cups. Most of our sports heroes are decent people, Many have been flawed in someway, just like us. All have that air of confidence, some bordering on the showboat side but in the end those whose numbers are still worn decades after their career is over have all been team players. I think of Bill Mazeroski, Roberto Clement, Franco Harris, Mario Lemieux just to name a few. A lot have gone on to make this their home and continue to make contributions to the community when they have moved on to what Coach Chuck Noll would call their life's work...the life you build after the playing days are done. Today on this Penguin's team we have Sid Crosby who has surpassed many of the on ice accomplishments of his boss. Sid's poise and dedication, his work ethic and his off ice humility is legion in this town, Geno's selflessness and dedication to this team is a close second but I want to share with you all an article about a guy who I think is a great role model for all of us:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ker-cleanout-matt-murray/stories/201706150191

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Hockey in Lost Wages Nevada... whoda thunk it?!
Vegas Golden Knights... REALLY :huh:

Very sad to see the Flower go, but even worse to an expansion team in NEVADA :doh:

Good luck Marc-Andre Fleury... and thanks for all you've done in the 'burgh

MAF1.jpg
MAF.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Hot day with humidity in the 80% range. Went to the local freezer for a stick and puck session with the teen kid. He was breaking in some new skates. I was trying not to break anything hahahaha..

scott43

Skier
Help me out here.. Patrick Marleau. $19 mil three years. 38 years old. I mean god love him but really? I thought were rebuilding. He doesn't get hurt he's fast yeah. Still though..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Bump. Had great seats to the Canes Flyers game today..
55690722_2579340192081503_2285597839050407936_n.jpg

Looking like we may make the playoffs. Been a long drought.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Loved the colossal choke by the bolts. Wish we'd serve something similar to the Craps..

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Pens were slow to go last night and played catch up all the way to OT for the loss. Nothing out of the Crosby line and a few mistakes by Letang (including the ot goal) cost us.

Leafs came out strong for the W in Boston just now. Left the garden stunned.

Pavelski's puck to the face redirection for the first goal last night was brutal. Fleury was bombarded with good opportunities and just didn't hold up.

Pretty good game right now with Carolina making a comeback in the 3rd down 3-2 to the caps

Got to love the playoffs!

Let's go pens!!
image.jpeg

scott43

Skier
Loved the colossal choke by the bolts. Wish we'd serve something similar to the Craps..
Bolts of all teams...couldn't believe it. Turned it off at 3-0 and woke up to 4-3 Jackets...wtf?
Canes...gotta love that trip they're on...I have a soft spot for them..

scott43

Skier
Pens were slow to go last night and played catch up all the way to OT for the loss. Nothing out of the Crosby line and a few mistakes by Letang (including the ot goal) cost us.
Not to pile on, but Isles dominated..they were really rolling when the playoffs began..that non-call on that hook behind the net in the 3rd was brutal, lead right to a goal for the Pens. Shouldn't have gone to OT in my opinion. I dunno what's up with the Pens but they better wake up. I can't believe the Isles will put them down.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Not to pile on, but Isles dominated..they were really rolling when the playoffs began..that non-call on that hook behind the net in the 3rd was brutal, lead right to a goal for the Pens. Shouldn't have gone to OT in my opinion. I dunno what's up with the Pens but they better wake up. I can't believe the Isles will put them down.

Oh yeah.. I know! If that goal didn't get called back in the 1st also we could have been down 2-0 in the first 2 min with potential for shit to get really out of hand quickly. 1st period was complete domination from NYI. Guess we will see how we come back at them tomorrow.

scott43

Skier
Oh yeah.. I know! If that goal didn't get called back in the 1st also we could have been down 2-0 in the first 2 min with potential for shit to get really out of hand quickly. 1st period was complete domination from NYI. Guess we will see how we come back at them tomorrow.
Too much talent..Pens will come back I think..Malkin and Crosby.. But great season for the Isles regardless..who saw this coming??

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Don't try to trade punches with an old man that outweighs you by like 40 pounds. Life and learn kid LOL! Lost the fight but we're back in the series..