• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Canes and Leafs in Raleigh..you there crgildart?? No offense, but I hope your Canes get crushed!! :D I'm actually really interested to watch Sebastian Aho..he's a player man, great future.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So four teams clinched Playoff spots already, Metro is STRONG! Caps, Pens and Jackets... only the Hawks out west.
Dishonorable mention for the Avs with 43 points (is this a record low?!) About two weeks till the second season starts...

scott43

Skier
Gerry Dee was in Florida last night..tweeted "1700th game for Jagr last night..one for every fan in the arena tonight.." Haha!

Lafs may make the playoffs..whoda thunk??

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So four teams clinched Playoff spots already, Metro is STRONG! Caps, Pens and Jackets... only the Hawks out west.
Dishonorable mention for the Avs with 43 points (is this a record low?!) About two weeks till the second season starts...

Apologies to the Avs fans, Co, now with 45 points is WAY ahead of the all time fewest points for a season...
Fewest Points: 21, by the 1974–75 Washington Capitals

scott43

Skier
Well I have to say, the Lafs are in and I'm speechless! Thought for sure the young lads would get crushed but they've done ok. We see the Caps in the first round and I can't see the Leafs getting past them..they play at a higher level, the tough playoff level. I think it's a good learning experience but I can't see them going far.

Otherwise..5 Canadian teams in the playoffs..it's a miracle! Edmonton, dark horse..they'll go as far as McDavid can take them. Although they've retooled very intelligently to get them playoff ready. Montreal..I haven't liked them for a while..but you never know. Pens and Caps obviously.

In the west..Chicago really, isn't it?

The real hockey starts now...training camp is over..

scott43

Skier
How about the Sens and Boston?

Great series. Guy Boucher has done a good job getting the Sens going. I watched a few games and they seem to be playing a strict defensive trap-style game. I remember seeing 4 across the red line more than once with one man deep. Boring..but it's working for them. Boston seems to have backed into the playoffs..got hot at the right time. Chara is another year older..I feel they're not what they once were, but they do have grit and experience. I think it'll be a great series but I feel like Boston will grit it out. On a side note, I love that Ottawa is putting a rink down at Lebreton Flats. As it should be. Too bad they can't get it closer to the Byward Market. I'll be up in Ottawa this weekend to enjoy some local fare.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Well I have to say, the Lafs are in and I'm speechless! Thought for sure the young lads would get crushed but they've done ok. We see the Caps in the first round and I can't see the Leafs getting past them..they play at a higher level, the tough playoff level. I think it's a good learning experience but I can't see them going far.

Otherwise..5 Canadian teams in the playoffs..it's a miracle! Edmonton, dark horse..they'll go as far as McDavid can take them. Although they've retooled very intelligently to get them playoff ready. Montreal..I haven't liked them for a while..but you never know. Pens and Caps obviously.

In the west..Chicago really, isn't it?

The real hockey starts now...training camp is over..

I'm always happy when both my teams are in and are playing reasonably well. Not sure what the Habs have left but hope they can
get down the road a round or two. Pens, well Letang is out and that will hurt but if Sid can keep the boys on track they should make a run of it. They always seem to find one of the young guys to help take up the slack.

THIS is the real hockey season...

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
High spot for the future of the Avalanche, AJ Greer wins the Yanick Dupre award for outstanding contributions to the local community. Nice guy despite the penalty minutes. He should have played more - it couldn't have hurt the Avalanche's record.

Shake up at the Kings. They're done for this year, we'll see about next year along with the Avalanche.

Ducks stars are all injured. Sharks are struggling. So much for the California teams but there's hope.

Anybody but the Blackhawks. Now they're guaranteed to win.

Eric

scott43

Skier
Lafs tonight? Not really keeping up on things right now.

Yupper.. I'll probably watch if I have time. See how the kids react. I'm wondering if the Caps will choke..I don't think so though. They look to have a very complete, veteran team this year, better than last year. I think they might be able to win the East this year. It'll be a good learning experience and frankly, the Leafs are probably 2 years away anyway. They're missing some talent at key positions.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Canes and Leafs in Raleigh..you there crgildart?? No offense, but I hope your Canes get crushed!! :D I'm actually really interested to watch Sebastian Aho..he's a player man, great future.

We did make it to the Stars game April 1st. Bittersweet with Canes and Stars being my two top favorites. Canes needed a win to remain viable. Stars were already eliminated. Stars won. so whatevs..

OK now that I have nursed my wounds seeing my two favorites gone here is who I like that remains..

Rangers- Lived on LI in the 80s..
Bruins, because, freakin Bruins man..
Blues
Washington
Chicago
Ducks
San Jose
Pittsburgh, better than a Canada team winning..
Any Canada team:roflmao:

USA! USA!! USA!!! USA!!!!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Chara's really stupid delay of game penalty with 13 seconds left in regulation really cost Boston.

scott43

Skier
I really like Chara..I just feel like he's too slow these days..lost a step and he didn't have much to lose. I always liked that he played hard but never dirty or cheap on smaller players especially. I kinda never liked Trevor Linden for that..skated past bigger guys to drill smaller guys. Anyway, I think Boston will grit it out unless Boucher puts them to sleep...

The bandwagon jumpers will perk up the ACC..it's generally deader than ethnic humour because of corporate buyers..

Sponsor

Staff online