• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Getting ready to leave for the PNC Arena to watch the Hurricanes/Islanders game. Going with Hurricanes sweaters since they can still actually make the playoffs with a strong finish this season. Nosebleed seats for scout night, but at $16 per ticket who cares. Should be fun!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I envy you guys who can, first of all, GET a ticket..and second of all, pay less than $200 for an upper bowl seat!!!! :D

The Lafs are playing loose and fun..youth eh? No pressure..and they're doing pretty good for the guys they have. Already in Toronto the media and "fans" are talking about making a trade for a d-guy who can get them into the playoffs. Like, really!?!? This town doesn't deserve an NHL team..lemme rephrase, a WINNING NHL team..

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Dumb, some times he's just like his Dad. Anger issues....

Well there is lots of hype about the new team for Belleville, Ontario....AHL's Ottawa Senators. I've always been a closet Leafs fan and more open Canadien. But now I guess my allegiance will have to go to Ottawa. Season tickets have some sweet deals to see Ottawa games.

scott43

Skier
Dumb, some times he's just like his Dad. Anger issues....

Well there is lots of hype about the new team for Belleville, Ontario....AHL's Ottawa Senators. I've always been a closet Leafs fan and more open Canadien. But now I guess my allegiance will have to go to Ottawa. Season tickets have some sweet deals to see Ottawa games.

I think it's great Belleville is getting a team back. Didn't like what happened to the Bulls..however..it seems to happen more and more in junior hockey. :(

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Man they sure started slow but finished strong. We ate drive.thru on the way then spent nothing but parking at the arena. $65 for four tickets plus $15 for parking. 7-3 Hurricanes
!
]
WP_20170114_003.jpg
WP_20170114_004.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Rumor on the street is that @SBrown 's Aves are about to get our best defender and best coast to coast player Justin Faulk. Just when we're back in the hunt they go and sell the damned gun..

scott43

Skier
Rumor on the street is that @SBrown 's Aves are about to get our best defender and best coast to coast player Justin Faulk. Just when we're back in the hunt they go and sell the damned gun..

Well..I don't know that much about Carolina's roster..but you have to trade from strength to get what you're weak at. I think they have the luxury of a couple of good young defenders (Hannafin and Slavin..) and they're getting a big aged up front. So probably they're going to try to pick up some cast-offs from a struggling Avs team (steal someone?) to shore up their weakness. I'm not sure it's a terrible move. Faulk's +/- ain't great. You have to take some pain sometimes..look at Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson..

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Thoughts on this weekends All-Star game and happenings? Do you like the new format which débuted last year?
Who's gonna shine?

scott43

Skier
I personally don't really care much and don't watch it normally. Not judging..if people like it, god love ya. :) It's just not my cup'o'tea. It's fun time for the boys and for the kids watching and I'm content to let them have at it.

Keep an eye on Auston Matthews if you get the chance..he's a bit magic at times. And I haven't been able to say that about a Leaf draft pick for 30 years..

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Just what exactly is going on in CO with the Avs? 32 points on the year?! :eek:
Can this train wreck get any worse?

scott43

Skier
Just what exactly is going on in CO with the Avs? 32 points on the year?! :eek:
Can this train wreck get any worse?

I hear Sakic is on the bubble..and he doesn't really care that much. Maybe better for them. I've heard the only untouchable player is MacKinnon..everyone else is up for fire sale. I think it's never as bad or as good as it looks. Just some confidence issues..not following the system. It could turn around pretty quick if they get the right coach and GM in place. It's not like they're devoid of talent. Julien is available...

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So some outdoor Stadium Series hockey tonight from Heinz Field!
Pens playing their old cross state 'friends' the Flyers... :popcorn:
8pm on NBC... should be some fine hockey :D

scott43

Skier
Was hoping to catch the Leaf game on the drive home from up north. But couldn't get it on the radio..drove an hour through snow squalls, 3 rollovers..didn't get the game until the very end near Newmarket...missed it! :doh: Ah well..

scott43

Skier
Tied 2-2 at the end of 3. Overtime for the win...

Ah, good on'em. Habs are kinda going the wrong way..again unfortunately. I don't know if the Leafs are really going to make the playoffs but part of me wishes they don't. Just not ready. Next year.

scott43

Skier
Incidentally, watching closely on this Brent Burns season...3rd in scoring as a defencemen?? Awesome..

A little snow in the air in Pitt.. Would love to be at that game..love Pittsburgh and that Heinz Field would be a great roadtrip. :thumb:

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I love the outdoor stadium series games. I wish they would do even more of them. The NHL has a winner in them.
It was a good game. Flyers brought more than they've been showing lately... always up for their cross state rival Pens!
cut.jpg

Rookie Guentzel was # 1 star with two assists
cut1.jpg
cut2.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online