• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
A guy sitting behind the bench at the Avs-Bruins game Sunday was in a Whalers sweater. It was funny. or something.

It wasn't me... but could have been ;)

Early Road Sweater
Early Hartford Whalers Road.jpg

Early Home Sweater
Early Hartford Whalers Home w 10 year patch.jpg

1992 Road Sweater
92 Hartford Whalers Road w NHL 75th.jpg

1993 Home Sweater
93 Hartford Whalers Home w 100th Stanely Cup.jpg

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
OK, I'm now an Avalanche fan. A friend at work knows A J Greer. It's fascinating getting the inside scoop on some of what goes on. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad that the Avalanche are struggling this season. A J will get more ice time to develop but winning teams uplift everyone.

Of course, if I'm rooting for them they will struggle.

Eric

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, I'm now an Avalanche fan. A friend at work knows A J Greer. It's fascinating getting the inside scoop on some of what goes on. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad that the Avalanche are struggling this season. A J will get more ice time to develop but winning teams uplift everyone.

Of course, if I'm rooting for them they will struggle.

Eric

As much as I've loved how he has played, I doubt he stays up once Landeskog returns to the lineup. He first came up when Duchene was hurt, then was reassigned to minor league, then back up when Landy got hurt. He has been very impressive, though! It will be interesting.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I have a blue Whalers sweater. They go for up around a hundred bucks in eBay. If you have a Francis jersey double that. Speaking of MY home team, Canes have now won 5 in a row. Don't think that's happened since 2006. Getting better down here..

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My friend is a big minor league fan (San Diego Gulls). So he's seen him with the Rampage.

The story of talented athletes and their path in sport is as interesting as the win/loss record. That's what is so compelling and why I'm now trying to follow the Avalanche. The team dynamic is a fun aspect. It's a bit hard to get the feel from San Diego - good to get a local fan's take (thanks @SBrown ).

They do have a couple game winning streak!

Eric

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
@SBrown , what is going on out there in CO with your Av's? They are sitting one off the bottom in the West.??? Is there ANY light at the end of the tunnel?
My two teams are currently 1 and 2 in the East but like last season, things can/will happen!

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@SBrown , what is going on out there in CO with your Av's? They are sitting one off the bottom in the West.??? Is there ANY light at the end of the tunnel?
My two teams are currently 1 and 2 in the East but like last season, things can/will happen!

They typically only play 1, maybe 2 periods a game. If they will play all 3, they'll be fine. If I knew the answer to fixing it, I could be coach! It's been a pervasive problem for a while here, through several coaches, in fact. Perhaps it's the legal weed.

scott43

Skier
Poor drafting, no depth. Goaltending looking human. Bad Corsi number consistently. I think they got lucky in the 2014/15 season and people expected maybe too much from them. As much as Burnaby Joe was a good player..he's not looking great as a GM. Poor drafting is a killer in the current cap situation. Tough time to be an Avs fan. :(

scott43

Skier
And right on cue, Avs were a dumpster fire last night. 10-1. Ouch. Watched it a bit..total breakdown in system. Unfortunately for me, they're in Toronto tonight and I'm sure they won't suck that bad after taking that beating. They'll be looking for a win and playing hard. And we're getting 8" of snow tonight..so tomorrow's drive in should be stellar.. :(

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
And right on cue, Avs were a dumpster fire last night. 10-1. Ouch. Watched it a bit..total breakdown in system. Unfortunately for me, they're in Toronto tonight and I'm sure they won't suck that bad after taking that beating. They'll be looking for a win and playing hard. And we're getting 8" of snow tonight..so tomorrow's drive in should be stellar.. :(

As bad as it was last night, and not that I think very much needs excusing, there has been a flu bug going around the locker room. But dumpster fire, yeah.

scott43

Skier
As bad as it was last night, and not that I think very much needs excusing, there has been a flu bug going around the locker room. But dumpster fire, yeah.

And they beat Toronto 3-1 last night. Outshot tremendously by Toronto but I don't put that much stock in the shots stat. I think Toronto had more quality chances though and Varlamov did do a decent job. More importantly, the best players on the Avs played like it. MacKinnon had a goal that makes ya cry.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
AVS with just 23 points on the year... this is getting embarrassing :nono:
Even the Islanders are looking good by comparison!

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So what's up with the Jackets and Wild?!?! 12 and 10 game win streaks going on :eek:

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Pretty good Winter Classic this year (or whatever they are now calling it). Love the outdoor venues.
Third period really kicked it in high gear.

scott43

Skier
Pretty good Winter Classic this year (or whatever they are now calling it). Love the outdoor venues.
Third period really kicked it in high gear.

It was an exciting game for sure. I think Babcock had a hankering to win that game over his former team. That was in TFC's soccer stadium, it's a fairly nice venue down by the lake..can be frigid if the wind is off the lake though. Apparently they delayed the start by 30 mins because of sunshine. Haha! Even better was in the alumni game the day before Gary Roberts and Kris Draper nearly got into a scrap! Nice!! :D

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January