• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Swiss trained at Sugarbush yesterday and this is the mtn's pic of the day. They delayed opening to public yesterday until 10am to accommodate the girls.

sugarbush.jpg

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Austrian women trained today on Skylark at Killington. Welcome girls to New England weather !!

IMG_7436.PNG
IMG_7437.PNG

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
A few years ago, our son brought a group of girls East for their first big race series that involved flying. All U14's. As I recall it was very late March. First day they had bluebird sky, and the snow was still pretty firm. Next day, overcast. That night he was telling them over dinner about the forecast for "Classic New England Mixed Precipitation"

So they left the house with garbage bags in their backpacks. Luckily it was free skiing day. They saw it all: rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow, repeat. All part of the experience. At dinner that night they were actually saying that it was pretty cool, as "all we get at home is sun or snow......"

At least they are smiling ^^^^^!!!

SkiSpeed

Getting off the lift
Skier
Is there a time for that on Fri one can watch? I assume you'd be allowed to.

Check out the Superstar Webcam on Fri if you are not up at mt. Might be able to see lower pitch and skiers training.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI: the open window for the controlled free ski starts at 9:30am on Friday, with no determined end time (though the press conference is at 4:45pm and it's dusk then, so they should be off the hill by 3:30 at the latest). I'm sure each athlete will take at least one controlled free ski run on Superstar, then spend any remaining skiing time on Skye Lark, where gates will be set for teams that opt for some armor time.

For those who don't know: a controlled free ski involves crew of race officials and/or coaches on the hill, allowing the racers down the hill one at a time with fairly consistent spacing between each one. That way, the possibility for collisions is low, and the quality of skiing (and viewing) is high.

Last edited:

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I made this video for the kids I coach and going with on Saturday. Nothing exciting, but I just like to try to get the kids excited and thinking a bit.

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
FYI: the open window for the controlled free ski starts at 9:30am on Friday, with no determined end time (though the press conference is at 4:45pm and it's dusk then, so they should be off the hill by 3:30 at the latest). I'm sure each athlete will take at least one controlled free ski run on Superstar, then spend any remaining skiing time on Skye Lark, where gates will be set for teams that opt for some armor time.

For those who don't know: a controlled free ski involves crew of race officials and/or coaches on the hill, allowing the racers down the hill one at a time with fairly consistent spacing between each one. That way, the possibility for collisions is low, and the quality of skiing (and viewing) is high.

Someone please get some vid!!! :beercheer:

SkiSpeed

Getting off the lift
Skier
@K2 Rat, thanks for making and posting the MM/MS analysis from Solden. Great stuff. Please continue to share your work w/us during the season. Very helpful. Have a great time at the race w/your team!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We just walked all along the village. Stood right by the grandstands at the base of supersraaaah. Watched a bunch of folks side slip down the lower part of the race course. Beer tent is open and some cool vendors. Grabbed a couple cowbells so we're set for tomorrow. Pretty exciting.

Sponsor

Staff online