• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We'll be skiing thanksgiving and the day after and attending the GS event on Saturday.

23435198_10155166744808014_425464933015705758_n.jpg

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Got our grandstand tickets and lanyards yesterday. We missed out on the VIP parking because the system timed out so when I went back in to buy everything the parking had sold out. We plan on parking at Pico and shuttling over to the event. However, if anyone has a VIP parking pass they'd be willing to sell please let me know. :)

As I also got shut out on VIP parking this year, I am really going to miss my parking spot from last year. Both days the top lot was full when i arrived, but each day there was just enough room to create a first spot in the middle row. It was nice to have to closest spot both days!! Shuttle bus here I come !

IMG_7424.PNG

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Has anyone seen an autograph schedule yet? I know Resi is signing on Friday night ... she signed with Lara Gut last year. Are the any other announcements that anyone has heard? My daughters are looking to add to their collection.

Helmet autographs.png

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Vermont Public Radio had a nice blub on the WWC based on last year's event.
Even though Killington took a financial loss overall, They say the exposure is priceless. More over, Vermont tourism industry enjoyed a record BOOST in overall revenue in the quarter surrounding the WWC.
Add to that an interview with one of the contest participants who exclaimed the Massive spectator turn out that was completely unheard of from her experience in Europe and it seems this event in New England has a charm of it's own. I would call that a win!

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
It's ALWAYS an up hill slog off the super star chair. Some springs It feels like 50 feet.
Ovation is looking pretty brown , But there is a good chance of getting an inch of snow tonight. I hope it lasts through tomorrow's warm breezes.

James

Out There
Instructor
Is Vip parking the top lot? I suppose that's better getting in, but getting out is another matter. I think you're better off shuttling from the Snowdon area or the Grand Hotel.
Btw there's a shortcut to rte 4 towards the Skyeship gondola that goes by the hotel. It does involve dirt road for awhile so if it's wet it's prob not a great idea. If it's snowing it would be a bad idea as there's a long steep section, mostly paved iircc.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Is Vip parking the top lot? I suppose that's better getting in, but getting out is another matter. I think you're better off shuttling from the Snowdon area or the Grand Hotel.
Btw there's a shortcut to rte 4 towards the Skyeship gondola that goes by the hotel. It does involve dirt road for awhile so if it's wet it's prob not a great idea.

I believe VIP is the top lot. A wet dirt road isn't a problem with my jeep, would be rather fun actually. We'll park at one of the other lots, even Pico and take the shuttle.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Btw there's a shortcut to rte 4 towards the Skyeship gondola that goes by the hotel. It does involve dirt road for awhile so if it's wet it's prob not a great idea. If it's snowing it would be a bad idea as there's a long steep section, mostly paved iircc.

Yes, VIP are the lots up by K1 lodge . I had no problem last year getting in and no problem getting out ( used back exit) from there. Got shut out of passes this year, so that makes it an easy decision. I am "working" Saturday and going with Mount Snow Academy and I think they want us parking at Skyeship where they have VARA parade athlete shuttles.

But Sunday i will be looking for the best shuttle parking lot. So, if anyone finds a great one on Saturday that you can recommend for Sunday, please share.

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
& for those of us in the west, at least we don't need to get up at 2am.

2017 XFINITY KILLINGTON CUP

Broadcast and Streaming Schedule (all times ET)

Saturday, Nov. 25
10 a.m. ET – Women’s giant slalom, run 1 – nbcsports.com / NBC Sports App
12:30 p.m. ET – Women’s giant slalom, run 2 – nbcsports.com / NBC Sports App
3 p.m. ET – Women’s giant slalom, runs 1 & 2 – NBC (same day delay)

Sunday, Nov. 26
10 a.m. ET – Women’s slalom, run 1 – nbcsports.com / NBC Sports App
1 p.m. ET – Women’s slalom, run 2 – NBC / nbcsports.com / NBC Sports App

James

Out There
Instructor
Do the racers get to ski on Superstar at all before Saturday's race or do they just train on those trails looker's left?

41 degrees. I don't think it gets much below freezing until tomorrow night.

Looks like Sat will be warmish. Let's hope the snow is not as soft as last year for the gs.
IMG_4432.PNG

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Do the racers get to ski on Superstar at all before Saturday's race or do they just train on those trails looker's left?

Looks like Sat will be warmish. Let's hope the snow is not as soft as last year for the gs.
View attachment 33615

They get a controlled free-ski down the race hill on Friday and gate training on Skylark ( the trail lookers left)

James

Out There
Instructor
They get a controlled free-ski down the race hill on Friday and gate training on Skylark ( the trail lookers left)
Is there a time for that on Fri one can watch? I assume you'd be allowed to.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Is there a time for that on Fri one can watch? I assume you'd be allowed to.

good question ---- i just looked for a time, but did not see it listed. It is customary to do this as long as the surface is ok. But not sure it is required though and since I don't see it listed, not positive it is happening. I think I recall it on the schedule last year. I think they cancelled it in Soelden this year. If happens, it would be fun to see and film, like someone did at the Aspen WC a few years back:

Last edited: