• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kids Boots - Last / Width

Tactical Speed

On the Moguls
Skier
Can you tell me what I might expect when it comes to width for kids boots? Online retailers commonly lists kids-boot widths as either:

Last
: Junior, or
Forefoot Width: Youth

My 12-year-old daughter has a 24.3 cm length and a 95 mm last. I don't know what to expect for this range of youth boots, and she's on the verge of needing adult boots (but not quite, maybe?). Last year, she was comfortable in a Rossignol TMX J4 (in 23.5). What do you think?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Junior recreational measurements are not usually published. At 12 years old, unless she is well under 100lb and in a 24.5 you very well should an adult derived junior boot.

TS
Tactical Speed

Tactical Speed

On the Moguls
Skier
Thanks Phil. When you say "adult derived junior boot" do you mean a junior boot that has adult-boot characteristics, like for example four buckles, or is there something else to look for? Just want to make sure I haven't misunderstood.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks Phil. When you say "adult derived junior boot" do you mean a junior boot that has adult-boot characteristics, like for example four buckles, or is there something else to look for? Just want to make sure I haven't misunderstood.
Higher end junior race boots are bacially the same as most softer flexing adult boots, example Lange RS70 blue race boot is the same shell (with a different liner) as the RX70LV ladies boot.

Edit to add clarification for @Tactical Speed

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January