• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kid Skis

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Would anyone be able to tell me what difference - if any - there is between these two kids skis - how might they feel/ski for a 9 year old strong intermediate skier? Thank you!

ROSSIGNOL HERO JR MULTI-EVENT
http://www.rossignol.com/US/US/hero...B01--product--alpine-junior-skis.html?b=94371
Size Available 110, 120, 130, 140, 150
Main Size: 150
Weigh: 2,2KG/pair
Sidecut: 111 - 67 - 97 mm
Tip dimension: 111
Waist dimension: 67
Tail dimension: 94
Ski Radius: 11.5 m
Profile sidecuts: Easydrive sidecuts
Structure: Duracap
Core: Wood
Construction reinforcements: Fiberglass

ROSSIGNOL HERO JR
http://www.rossignol.com/US/US/hero...Y02--product--alpine-junior-skis.html?b=94579
Size Available: 100, 110, 120, 130
Main Size: 130
Weight: 1,8 kg/pair
Sidecut: 108 - 67 - 94 mm
Tip dimension: 108
Waist dimension: 67
Tail dimension: 94
Ski Radius: 10 m
Rocker height: Power turn rocker
Structure: Duracap
Core: DYNAMIC CORE
Construction other: TIP PROTECTOR

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
The jr multi event, with wood, will be stiffer, harder to bend in order to carve a turn. The rocker on the Jr will make turn initiation easier. I recommend getting appropriate length for your child's height (chin to nose). Then select Jr ME if your child is average weight or above. Select Jr if below. Learning to carve turns is a good thing. That won't happen if your child is unable to bend the ski.

TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
The jr multi event, with wood, will be stiffer, harder to bend in order to carve a turn. The rocker on the Jr will make turn initiation easier. I recommend getting appropriate length for your child's height (chin to nose). Then select Jr ME if your child is average weight or above. Select Jr if below. Learning to carve turns is a good thing. That won't happen if your child is unable to bend the ski.

Thank you!

He is a strong intermediate but he is def on the small side for his age (in the bottom 1/3 for weight/height).

Sponsor

Staff online

• Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid