• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

General Keely’s Backcoutry Camp for girls

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I signed my oldest daughter up for Keely’s Montana Backcountry Ski Camp. If you know of any 12-18 year old girls with an interest in the mountains and a skiing, pass them this info. No backcoutry experience needed.

It is 3 days, 2 nights in an off the grid wood cabin on the edge of the Absaroka Wilderness, 1.5 mile skin from the road.
I am not sure who the second guide is, but the first is AMGA certified Skiguide Nina Hance. We skied in Cooke City with her last spring, and she is great.
It is low ratio of student:guide too.
4B3C843C-73ED-46AD-B437-6F47401C8CEE.jpeg

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I signed my oldest daughter up for Keely’s Montana Backcountry Ski Camp. If you know of any 12-18 year old girls with an interest in the mountains and a skiing, pass them this info. No backcoutry experience needed.

It is 3 days, 2 nights in an off the grid wood cabin on the edge of the Absaroka Wilderness, 1.5 mile skin from the road.
I am not sure who the second guide is, but the first is AMGA certified Skiguide Nina Hance. We skied in Cooke City with her last spring, and she is great.
It is low ratio of student:guide too. View attachment 157076
I will keep this in mind for when my kid gets older!

OnEdge

Putting on skis
Skier
Thank you for this. My daughter isn't old enough at this point but would be before too long so I'd be interested in your take once your daughter is back from camp. I hope she has a wonderful experience.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My niece grew up going to Keely's camps, and now she works for her coaching and guiding. These are very neat opportunities, take advantage if you can!

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So, uh, way off topic, but if you have a daughter interested in this sort of thing (or a son for that matter), look at Keewaydin Temagami canoe tripping camp for summer shenanigans.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread. With apologies. I'm a pusher. Can't help it.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier

I got no one to send, but that IS FREAKING AWESOME!! So Awesome!!

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Do they have something like that around east coast (ski, kayak, mtn biking, anything outdoor)? Not comfortable with flying (mainly because of the nut jobs out there).

Sponsor

Staff online