K2 Contest Photos -Vote Here

Discussion in 'K2 Summer Contest Rules, Photos, and Discussion' started by Philpug, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philpug

Philpug The Ski'er Admin Pugski Ski Tester

• Pictures should be taken during July 4th celebrations. They can be serious, they can be fun, they can be #seriousfun.
    • We know that not everyone can actually be on snow, so just make sure there is something skiing-related in the photograph (ideally, something K2-related).
    • One entry per person, please.
    • Pictures may be submitted until July 10 at 6 pm (Pacific). Forum members will vote by "liking" the post with the submission. (The "like" button is in the lower right corner of the post.)
    • The voting will be closed at the end of July, and winners will be counted then. In case of a tie between two posts, the earlier post will be ranked higher.
    • The top four vote-getters will win a pair of K2 Red, White, and Blue Experimental Pinnacle 88 skis, either 177 or 184.
    • The honorable mentions will win K2's 50 Years of Serious Fun, a 200-page coffee table book. Chosen at random by our crack(ed) staff with input and influence from the community, these will be the entries that stand out for being fun, creative, eclectic, and otherwise deserving of recognition.

Sample:

sample contest photo.jpg
    Courtesy: @Dave Petersen

Some K2 stoke from @Bill Talbot
    K2 tip.jpg k2_model.jpg

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    textrovert and SkiNurse like this.
  2. Bill Barnett

Bill Barnett Booting up Skier

May Day at Big Boulder
    I drove the pontoon to the base of slopes
    IMG_1070.JPG

K2 Rat, Tricia, Tra-Chi and 5 others like this.
  3. RickyG

RickyG Putting on skis Skier

K2 4th Contest 6 001 (2).jpg
    I have spent a lot of my ski career on K2 skis, so out of the "way-back" machine comes 1973 (all the way down to the safety straps). If you'd like more of the K2 Glesner gallery I can get you that, but my wife Betsy and I have had a lot of red/white/blue K2 as you can see. I've held on to the Speed Gear jackets even. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
    K2 Rat, Tricia, mollski and 8 others like this.
  4. 4ster

4ster Sucking a little less each day Instructor

I haven't had these boards out on the hill for awhile but Mikey will try anything...
    IMG_3599.JPG

5. skibum4ever

skibum4ever Putting on skis Skier

What image most says "4th of July" celebration? Fireworks, of course. This evening, Mammoth kicked off the 4th of July weekend with a fireworks display. They shot off the fireworks from the top of the mountain, and we cheered from the bottom.

Note how the fireworks light up the chairlift and the top of Mammoth. Even better, we'll be skiing those slopes tomorrow, and for the next month.

SAM_3022_1498979127284.jpg

6. textrovert

textrovert Getting off the lift Skier

All smiles and Red, White & Blue at Squaw today.

The boots are K2 - Do I get bonus points? :D

Screenshot_20170702-103510-01.jpeg

K2 Rat, Jilly, Tricia and 7 others like this.
  7. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs Jerry Industry Insider

Driving up as far as you can on Peak 9 through to Peak 10 on the county road is a Summit County tradition that has been going on for decades. I have often gone up to celebrate the 4th by camping at the highest point you can drive to the night of the third for an early start on the 4th. You'll see hundreds of people over the course of the day.

This photo is from the summit of Peak 10 on one of those Fourth of Julys. Fourth of July Bowl is the prominent bowl that begins at the peak.

20150704_101451.jpg
    These K2s are the Jerry Garcia edition of the Big Kahuna.

8. Lisa Laird

Lisa Laird Booting up Skier

image.jpeg
    The Heidi Hos and our new shirts - Do these skis make my ass look fast? Leigh Harrison, Valli Thornton, and Lisa Laird

9. crgildart

crgildart Gravity Slave Skier

Hold my beer! I believe this was 1st week of July, but many years ago.. K2 233 Mids, 160 cm

K2 Gildart1.jpg

Dave Petersen, Stev, Tricia and 3 others like this.
  10. slowrider

slowrider Out on the slopes Skier

First painted this rock in our South pasture on 911. Seemed fitting that on the 4th of July to have it wave again.
    20170703_113353.jpg

11. Stev

Stev Getting off the lift Skier

On Friday after hearing that Forestdale Road was partially/halfway open, I decided to take Makisha and Penny with me on a recon mission. This would also provide a good start to the long Independence Day weekend. To get in the spirit I wore red gloves and a red long-sleeve t-shirt with a red, white, and blue Hawaiian shirt.

Makisha, Penny, and Stev on the Luniz Patch (self-timer photo)
    [​IMG]

ScotsSkier, 4ster, udailey and 5 others like this.
  12. Royal

Royal UTAH Skier

20170703_082719.jpg
    taken today(July 3, 2017) on the back side of Mt Timpanogos, Utah. Skis are original K2 four winterheat. With LOOK NEVADA's.

SkiNurse, ScotsSkier, K2 Rat and 21 others like this.
  13. fatbob

fatbob Out on the slopes Skier

Kay-too? I thought you said Kit-ty? That's the problem with letting you independent types develop your own accent.
    20170701_134236.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Brian Finch

Brian Finch PT, CSCS, Cert- DN, FRCms, M|WOD Coach Industry Insider

IMG_0239.JPG I see your snow & water shots & raise the stakes w the K2 Fours (yep! they are actually K2 Fours!!!) that live high on the talus :)

Happy 4th!!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    K2 Rat, Alexzn, Doug Briggs and 25 others like this.
  15. WTFH

WTFH Booting up Skier

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  16. K2 Rat

K2 Rat Getting off the lift Skier

You know the July 4th BBQ will be serious fun when all the guests show up wearing K2 skis.... FullSizeRender.jpg

17. ella_g

ella_g Putting on skis Skier

IMG_0893.JPG
    Happy 4th from Timberline!! Couldn't get the guys in red polka dot spedos ....

18. graham418

graham418 Getting off the lift Skier

20170703_115235_HDR.jpg

Was home by myself . Wish I could have taken the skis to somewhere!! Or at least knew how to photoshop them into somewhere!

19. Chickenmonkey

Chickenmonkey David T. Skier

Skiing the 4th is all about the lines, friends, sun and fun! 8D330120-B4A2-4973-AE3A-24ABA834AB85-COLLAGE.jpg

20. nemesis256

nemesis256 Putting on skis Skier

Fireworks at North Conway NH from a nearby field. May not look skiing related, but I think they were set off from Cranmore ski resort. That counts right?

fireworks.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.