• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I'll add to the Head Rally love. I had the original model (I hear they've changed this year) for a couple seasons. I'm 6'2", 180 or so (depending on how much Ben & Jerry's therapy has been needed recently...) and I skied the 170 length. I'm probably on the bigger side for the Rally construction at that size, especially on New England "firm" conditions, but they did ok even then.

They were definitely high on the versatility scale. I really liked how they gave back whatever you put into them; i.e., you could ski them "lazy" or really lay into them, and they responded in kind. Never any harsh feedback.

I sold my pair a year or two ago after I demo'ed a Stockli (Stormrider 88 model)...

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
The only similarity between the early Rallys and the 2017+ ones is the spelling of the name. They are very different skis. Demo the new version before you make a decision.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
The only similarity between the early Rallys and the 2017+ ones is the spelling of the name. They are very different skis. Demo the new version before you make a decision.

The Head rep told me the graphene came into the models with the 2017s. When the rep told me these newer ones were softer I admit the wind came out of my sails a bit. Someone else told me these newer ones were "dumbed down" a bit. In your opinion are the newer ones with the graphene better or worse. I'm becoming more and more fond of my 2014 Rallys each time I take them out. I'd like to eventually get a newer pair but at this point I'm more inclined to go no newer than 2016.

Sponsor

Staff online