• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is it just me?

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Came across this display at Super Targer the other day. First thing I saw was a chairlift -- then realized it was supposed to be a shopping basket.
IMG_3782.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like the way you think. Atomic ran a series of ads band in the late 90's-early 2000's, the Beta era (I am looking for them now) where they had images of say power lines and the person looking imagined them as lift towers amongst other things. I recall going to a Lamaze class and thinking....that looks like a mogul field.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
HA, I thought chairlift too.
When you titled it "is it me?" I wondered if someone thought skiers had bad breath.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I like the way you think. Atomic ran a series of ads band in the late 90's-early 2000's, the Beta era (I am looking for them now) where they had images of say power lines and the person looking imagined them as lift towers amongst other things. I recall going to a Lamaze class and thinking....that looks like a mogul field.

Yes, I was thinking about those ads when I saw this.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Took this pic in eastern Colorado while driving home from a Breck ski trip. First thing I saw was a snowmaking stick -- actually it was a bent light pole.
comparison.jpg

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
By the time they rolled over and got up, I would have been way out the door.
When they are like that, they get mean, and NEVER forget. Mine is still mad even after all these years because Pizza Hut delivers to the delivery rooms .

Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
This is near my house.

It is cliche' but I must say it: "Is this where they store the moguls in the summer?"

IMG_0017.JPG

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Some of those Atomic ads took me a long time to figure out what I was "supposed" to be seeing. Still don't get the one of a prairie road...

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of those Atomic ads took me a long time to figure out what I was "supposed" to be seeing. Still don't get the one of a prairie road...

I don't really get that one either. I think those marks in the road are supposed to look like pole plant holes?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Took me forever to see that the parking meters turned into race flags :doh:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I second guessed myself on the race flags but then committed. Like I was taking a test or something. :rolleyes:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I saw a Abraham Lincoln in one and a sailboat in another.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's the way a skiers brain says "the summer break was good, but now it's time to ski!"

Ignore these visions they only get worse until everything you see and do is about skiing.

Signed
Doc Quack

ogwink

Sponsor

Staff online