• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

iPhone/CarPlay acting funny, and not in that haha way.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Two strange issues issues.

First with iMessage. I have a group text with Tricia and Andy. I can get texts on my CarPlay not problem but replying is an issue ... on CarPlay. If I go to reply it says "You are no longer a part of that group" but ...if I reply when I am not attached to the CarPlay, no problem, either on my phone or computer.

Second. I am getting som strange map views on CarPlay like this ... the whole western US. Again on both vehicles.
tempImagenhnRLR.png

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

First with iMessage. I have a group text with Tricia and Andy. I can get texts on my CarPlay not problem but replying is an issue ... on CarPlay. If I go to reply it says "You are no longer a part of that group" but ...if I reply when I am not attached to the CarPlay, no problem, either on my phone or computer.

Second. I am getting som strange map views on CarPlay like this ... the whole western US. Again on both vehicles. View attachment 175102
And sideways.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Does @Tricia's phone work correctly?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Computer systems on cars can get wonky, especially with systems like CarPlay, as we do updates with phones all the time. I’ll bet you can go to a dealership and get a infotainment system update, or sometimes just a system reset.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Computer systems on cars can get wonky, especially with systems like CarPlay, as we do updates with phones all the time. I’ll bet you can go to a dealership and get a infotainment system update, or sometimes just a system reset.
But it is both vehicles, a GM and VW.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting. Do you and Tricia have the same IOS version?

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Okay that is just plain weird. I’ve had CarPlay problems in the past that a simple phone restart fixed, but never anything like that.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My car audio has a very weird set of operations I have to do before shutting the engine off to keep whatever playlist I have on shuffle from starting over at the beginning and playing the same shuffled songs in the same order every damned time. I have to pause the player and change it to radio before shutting down or it will start at the beginning and play the same songs in the same order at the last library update and refresh.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm only Android familiar in cars... but most map apps have a button or setting somewhere (often looks like a little compass) that will set "north" to be the top of the screen. Maybe something in an update made the default change, spinning the map around? The "SE" circle in your map is probably that button. Touching it should re-orient the map to be correct, with North being the top edge of the screen.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier

Second. I am getting som strange map views on CarPlay like this ... the whole western US. Again on both vehicles. View attachment 175102
when you pinch or expand the map is there a auto icon that pops up? My android will do something similar on the maps, I usually just have to put it back on auto.

Sponsor

Staff online