• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Introducing the All-new, Next-generation 2018 Jeep® Wrangler

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
2018-jeep-wrangler.jpg

October 31, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The most capable SUV ever delivers even more legendary Jeep® 4x4 capability, a modern design that stays true to the original, advanced fuel-efficient powertrains, more open-air options, and is loaded with more safety features and advanced technology than ever before. The all-new Wrangler’s unique design includes an instantly recognizable keystone-shaped grille, iconic round headlamps and square tail lamps, improved aerodynamics, a convenient fold-down windshield for off-road purists, even more open-air freedom, and dozens of different door, top and windshield combinations. Additional images and complete vehicle information will be available November 29 at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

2018-jeep-wrangler.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Not a fan. I wont argue with how capable they are but the body is starting to look a little bit like those tonka toy renegades. The 2 door Rubi looks pretty good but I am a 4 door jeep gal.

I will keep my Wrangler. I would go as new as a 2016 but after that there are subtle changes which i dont like. These newest changes are even farther away from the look.

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am definitely intrigued. We will keep our 2013 Wrangler Unlimited but would consider adding this in the future. The problem with the Wrangler is that Jeep has raised the prices so significantly in the last few years that it pits it at a price point that makes it harder to rationalize. I am sure the new model will be more expensive. Oh well, love is frequently irrational.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I love Jeeps. :drool:

And like @surfsnowgirl , I am a four-door model girl. I have 2010 Sahara Unlimited. I have really enjoyed it and when it finally dies, will get another.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
I would get a kick out of a Rubicon diesel pickup. Sounds like it might happen. A LOT of Jeep fans have been waiting a LONG time for a diesel Wrangler.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm a purist and I'm not a fan of a jeep pickup, reminds me of that subaru pickup thing or those mini pickups with the short beds, avalance, etc. I'm a wrangler fan through and through. I get excited when someone says they have a jeep and then I'll find out it's a 'non wrangler' and I go oh, I vehicle redesigns are a fact of life but started to get a bad taste in my mouth when they got rid of the plastic fenders and made them the same color as the body. I know the vehicle has to evolve and a diesel wrangler would be cool but I don't like what they are doing to the body, it's changing the look and not in a good way for me. The Wrangler is one vehicle that holds their value that's for sure and what helps keep the price of them so high as it's supply in demand. They are a super popular vehicle and the dealers don't deal. I've got almost 100,000 on mine and I'll likely get another 100,000 out of it. Trade it in now for a 2016 Sahara Unlimited or wait til it dies, tough one.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I won't do it, but the inner kid in me wants the new pickup version with a V6 and 6 MT!

It will be fascinating to see how they price out after the initial demand calms down.

As others pointed out above, they've gotten a little big for their britches price-wise in the last few years.

And still sell like hot cakes, apparently.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I like the 4 door. Any details on the engine options?