• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Finals will be at Squaw this year...I am guessing it won't be on Red Dog like the Women's WC last year.

Jamt

Out on the slopes
Skier
A lot of WC events have flat section, so that is not an excuse.

That said, I saw some video of Ted from the NASTAR and he was not wearing a speed suit. That would be about 2 seconds, and more if it was windy. Using 30 m skis when 20 would be ideal would be another factor.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
A lot of WC events have flat section, so that is not an excuse.

That said, I saw some video of Ted from the NASTAR and he was not wearing a speed suit. That would be about 2 seconds, and more if it was windy. Using 30 m skis when 20 would be ideal would be another factor.
Agreed.
When I was going to pacesetter trials we always left with a suit & coat handicap. Ted may have only done one run, ... wearing a parachute.

Here is a link,
https://www.nastar.com/news/puckett-sets-national-standard-pacesetting-trials

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Coppers nastar course isn't flat compared to other nastar sets I've run. Muleski is correct about ski club Vail being the club in the Rockies. They took 17 of the top 20 Spots at the Rocky/Central championships last year for the U16 girls. On the boys they are not nearly as dominant but still loaded with great kids.