• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

IF given a choice?

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You get to pick a car/truck/SUV of your choice (no budget involved) and a single pilot plane of your choice (also no budget), what would they be?

I think I would go with a TESLA Model X and a TBM 930

Should be interesting.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
280px-2004_Range_Rover_V8_Vogue_by_The_Car_Spy.jpg
220px-Aero_Commander_500A_Commander_AN1719622.jpg

Or maybe a Gelandewagen and an A-Star.
280px-Mercedes-Benz_W463_G_350_BlueTEC_01.jpg
300px-RAN_squirrel_helicopter_at_melb_GP_08.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
94831a1188c1638b1b3656b783ece749.jpg
porsche-macan-2014.jpg

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
The car would be a '67 Impala or '68-'69 Chevelle rebuilt into the baddest big-block street machine ever.

What on earth would I do with an airplane?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited either Smokey Mountain, Big Bear or Winter models. Will look something like this. Add in dual top group, running boards and meaty winter tires.

iris

I'll skip the plane because I don't know anything about them and other than flying commercial to get from A to B I really don't have much interest in planes.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Fly you and your ski buddies following the endless winter
The only thing I like about flying is getting off the airplane. I like it even better if I don't have to get on in the first place.

The only picture I could show is what it might look like before the rebuilt process, since the post-rebuild would be a one-of-a-kind car that doesn't exist yet.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The car would be a '67 Impala or '68-'69 Chevelle rebuilt into the baddest big-block street machine ever.

What on earth would I do with an airplane?
We just had Hot August Nights here in Reno, you would have had the choice of no less than 50 options.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
SUV just might be the new Durango SRT (because it will rip AND pull my wife's little horse trailer).

Not a plane guy, so I'll sub in a BMW M2!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
A Hummer and an ultralight plane. Just because I could probably put the ultralight in the vehicle when it wasn't in the air.

But for now, I'll just stick with my Subie and a paper airplane. :rolleyes:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Plane? The single pilot would need to be somebody other than me! Ha. Done with that experiment. In my experience being a pilot is great, if you start as young as you can, fly all the time, and develop incredible instincts. I had friends tell me how much I would love it, many because I have a lot of experience on the water in some very dicey situations. But nope. spooked twice and grounded!

Now If I could have pretty much any decent jet that didn't need too long a runway, and could keep the two pilots employed to tune skis, etc., sign me up. So easy to get spoiled flying that way.

We have out favorite ski car, our third Toyota Land Cruiser. Have no interest in anything else, at all. Have tried others, and this just works for us. Part of my bias is it's simplicity. It "wears well". And knock on wood in 600K+ miles of driving, they have been ultra reliable. Since we don't have too many Porsche, Audi or BMW techs near our ski locations, I need to consider that. We have never wanted a Lexus version as we frankly did not want the badge. I've driven one from Boston to Alyeska. 1200 miles a day. That is my ski car. Incredibly comfortable, and with four studded Hakka's, it is a tank.

A BMW MX5 would be tempting. No thanks on the Range Rover. I think there is one in every third driveway at home driven by a 30something stay at home mom in yoga pants.....that's not me! Pretty cush interiors, though. Surprised they let all of those golden and labs ride in them. No matter how great they may be, can't do it.

Now a summer car? MUCH longer list..........Just give me $250K and let me spend six months on Bring a Trailer. I'll figure it out.

Sponsor