• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The only regular way is the Sherburne. If you were looking for a bit more adventure, you could go up Left Gulley and work your way over to Gulf of Slides. The GoS trail drains the Gulf and comes out at Pinkham. It is MUCH more challenging than the Sherburne. Narrow, twisty, turny with a couple of blind corners.

For a serious challenge, you can try skiing the Cutler out. I've done some of it, but not all. It is a river and depending on the time of year it can be pleasant and fun or dangerous and scary. It is the river you cross and walk past along the bottom of the Tuckerman hiking trail and passes through Pinkham.

That can be scary. My buddy dropped a pole there and was afraid to retrieve it. I grabbed it for him, but if I had crashed through the result may well have been a cold, watery death under the ice.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
That can be scary. My buddy dropped a pole there and was afraid to retrieve it. I grabbed it for him, but if I had crashed through the result may well have been a cold, watery death under the ice.

The time I skied the Cutler, we had come down from the top, between Tuckerman and Huntington Ravines. Getting down the steep part transitioning from the snow field to Cutler Ravine was exciting.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
And what about the K12??

b8b4b923a8b358cd2d09ae384dcb4944--better-off-dead-movie-quotes.jpg

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ice, ice , baby. Race SL skis with race tune and a race attitude will get you through.

Run the trees like gates that don’t give, instant feed back :eek:.

Burton

Getting on the lift
Skier
What way are you skiing down from tucks?
Honestly, I don’t know what route it was—this was a number of years ago when I hiked with a bunch of guys from my college team and I just followed. But it was definitely narrow, super tricky, hardly enough room to throw a snowplow to slow down, and I skied to within site of the parking lot. I just figured that was the regular way down in a good snow year. The last two times I went I had to hike down.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Honestly, I don’t know what route it was—this was a number of years ago when I hiked with a bunch of guys from my college team and I just followed. But it was definitely narrow, super tricky, hardly enough room to throw a snowplow to slow down, and I skied to within site of the parking lot. I just figured that was the regular way down in a good snow year. The last two times I went I had to hike down.

Either you skied down the hiking trail or went south of Boot Spur and into Gulf of Slides. The GoS trail is narrow and turny. In anything less than powder it is a challenge and keeps you on your toes the whole way with twists, turns and gully crossings.

rcc55125

Getting on the lift
Skier
Braquage.
Slightly different than hockey slides or pivot slips due to pole plant location.
Also, it makes it a little easier to do one turn at a time.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Braquage.
Slightly different than hockey slides or pivot slips due to pole plant location.
Also, it makes it a little easier to do one turn at a time.
This works a lot better if you flex the knees as well, instead of having a stiff down leg, that forced your com to go up and over.