• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I think I caught some disease

Joel

Having fun
Skier
When I started skiing three years ago, I kick myself for not starting much earlier. Before that, my only notion of skiing was nordic XC and resort, though I had friends that did both, neither had enough appeal to me to get me out. I'm not sure where I picked up on BC skiing, maybe bumped into someone or something. I did some looking at various types of equipment and settled on some Rossi BC 110s, Voile Switchbacks, and Scarpa T4s as my first setup. Started by getting my ski legs doing laps on my property ( actually had a fair year for snow ). I did some searching and found some spots that would be fun to ski but still safe as far as terrain/avalanche dangers. So far these spots have been where I go to get more comfortable on skis.

Since then I decided that I preferred AT equipment. I did take a look at AT originally but wasn't sold on the frame setups and the pin setups cost more than I wanted to dive into at the time. Well now that I know I like it, I set up a second pair of skis, Fischer S-Bound 125s that I mounted Kingpins to. The end of last season, I decided some narrower skis would be useful, I picked up some Madshus Epochs that I mounted some Vipec TUVs on. This setup is my Frankenski, I use the AT bindings with an NTN Tele boot. Made a platform under the bellows to keep the boots from compressing when in ski mode. My thinking was the bellows flex would help when touring, but so far they seem too stiff, maybe just need more miles in them. I really liked the Vipec design for ease of use, can switch modes standing up in ski, climbing aids easy to flip.... I liked the Kingpins, but the Vipecs were just easier for me, so I put some Tectons on the Fishers and sold the Kingpins.

Now that I'm sitting here waiting for snow, I'm already thinking another set of skis. Only thing stopping me is that I can't decide between Voile Ultravector BC or V6 BC ( I do like the waxless traction bases ).

I'm thinking I can barely ski but keep looking forward and picking new stuff. I rationalize what I'm doing by thinking I'll have my good snow condition skis and my rock skis.

From what I can tell, this seems to be a common but incurable disease. I suppose there are worse to have.

Now if only the snow would come.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve yet to find a place nearly as good at enabling as this.

You definitely need good snow condition skis and rocks skis. You will feel so much more at ease on rock skis when the coverage isn’t great, making for a better experience overall. ;)

Hope this helps.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’ve yet to find a place nearly as good at enabling as this.

You definitely need good snow condition skis and rocks skis. You will feel so much more at ease on rock skis when the coverage isn’t great, making for a better experience overall. ;)

Hope this helps.
You know what @Dan Egan says?
There are two kinds of skis. Rock skis and skis that are yet to be mounted.