• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Hunter Mountain Info

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier
I'm trying to get some info on Hunter in NY. I'm thinking about going to a PSIA event there in January and along with info on the mountain, I'm also curious about lodging and local restaurants. It's a three day event.

Thanks,
Ken

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There are not a lot of great lodging options in Hunter. Haven't stayed there in years, but the Hunter Inn was decent - http://hunterinn.com/. I recall a pretty good breakfast. Also look in the Windham area.

As for restaurants go to Tannersville - Last Chance Antiques & Cheese Cafe and Pancho Villas have been around for awhile and were pretty good. Windham may have good options too.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I think Tannersville has the better selections for food, I have not had a bad meal at any of the stops I have made. Windham is a great place to ski, I do not think it is near enough to Hunter to want to make it a daily trip when there is lodging in Hunter, Tannersville, and Haines Falls.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's pronounced huntA. Great mountain for an event with plenty of challenging terrain

We offer lodging, a bit closer to
Plattekill but still perhaps worth a drive for you

We offer PSIA, national patrol and Pug discounts, PM me if your interested.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd take the 15min drive to Windham from Hunter for good food/lodging rather than having to ski there.

Last edited:

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
the only good lodging in hunter is the kaatskill mountain club lodge, which is slope side lodging. everything else in hunter and tannersville is kinda old and worn out, in my opinion. the lodging in windham isn't much better, but they have added a bunch of new accommodations at the mtn. the last time we stayed in windham we stayed at a very nice b&b named albergo allegria.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I stayed at Albergo Allegria several years ago and agree that it was nice.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid