• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I am so glad I stumbled across this forum! I was on Epic for a long time and was super sad when it closed, especially since TGR's site is no fun at all.

I'm in West Michigan and ski mostly Crystal Mt & Caberfae because they are fairly easy to get too but head to the Rockies a couple times every winter.

Glad to be here!

HDSkiing

You’re Sliding On-Snow; Don’t Over-Think it!
Skier
Hey fellow Michiganders!

I live out west in the southern Rockies now, but learned to ski and race at Mt. Brighton and Pine Knob. Lived in Marquette for 4 years when I was at NMU. Haven’t skied east of the Rockies in 30 something years though...

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome!

Wisconsinite with kids in Houghton and Marquette.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am so glad I stumbled across this forum! I was on Epic for a long time and was super sad when it closed, especially since TGR's site is no fun at all.

I'm in West Michigan and ski mostly Crystal Mt & Caberfae because they are fairly easy to get too but head to the Rockies a couple times every winter.

Glad to be here!
@Tricia's old stomping grounds.

TS
David

David

Skier
Well then I did something wrong when I signed up. Oh well...

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
There's nothing wrong. You are David and your handle is David.

I taught skiing at Schuss, SugarLoaf and Boyne Mtn. for 30 odd years before moving West. Used to ski with friends at Crystal regularly.

skimore1

Booting up
Instructor
Welcome David I'm also in W.Mi.(Caledonia) Taught at Cannonsburg, and the Boyne's I also get to Crystal and Cabrefae
when I can. Grew up on the other side of the state worked at Alpine Valley, and for Winter Walden.

TS
David

David

Skier
There's nothing wrong. You are David and your handle is David.

I taught skiing at Schuss, SugarLoaf and Boyne Mtn. for 30 odd years before moving West. Used to ski with friends at Crystal regularly.
Where did you move to? I lived in Vail in tbe mid 90's for a short time

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome David I'm also in W.Mi.(Caledonia) Taught at Cannonsburg, and the Boyne's I also get to Crystal and Cabrefae
when I can. Grew up on the other side of the state worked at Alpine Valley, and for Winter Walden.
@skimore1 - Caledonia, seriously? So are we!

skimore1

Booting up
Instructor
@ Jenny wow how funny! I'm on Green Lake son went to Kraft middle and the High school grad 2016 :)
Small world eh

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia's old stomping grounds.
I learned to slide down hill on skis at Caberfae, lived within 25 miles of where I was born in Cadillac Michigan until I was 44 and moved to Tahoe.
Had passes at Caberfae and Crystal Mountain most of my adult life.
It was great to get off work and head to Cabby with the guys and get 4 hrs of skiing in. The trick was to get there early enough to ski on the dark side of South Peak before they closed it....because it was dark. ;)
I heard that the Meyer family was finally updating the lodging out there. It needed it badly.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I learned to slide down hill on skis at Caberfae, lived within 25 miles of where I was born in Cadillac Michigan until I was 44 and moved to Tahoe.
Had passes at Caberfae and Crystal Mountain most of my adult life.
It was great to get off work and head to Cabby with the guys and get 4 hrs of skiing in. The trick was to get there early enough to ski on the dark side of South Peak before they closed it....because it was dark. ;)
I heard that the Meyer family was finally updating the lodging out there. It needed it badly.
They added a new chair last year and did a bunch of lodge updates this year. Good to see.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Welcome!

Fellow Michigan guy here. Live near traverse, ski nubs, boynes and do race leagues at crystal.

Cab is going to be eating crystals lunch with the serious ski crowd. They are getting serious about snow making and typically stays colder and dryer for longer. They are by far the best value in the state.

Sponsor

Staff online