• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Super pumped to see men’s ski slope style and ski pipe, which are currently scheduled to air on the 18th and 20th respectively.

My favorites:
Gus Kenworthy(slope style) -Gus has been riding extremely solid lately. Looks very comfortable and balanced lately. As a returning silver medalists, it would be nice to see him show what he’s really capable of.

Torin Yater-Wallace(pipe) - He is always one to watch. When he’s healthy I think he’s downright amazing. If he can land a good qualifying run, I could see him being a gold contender. It only takes one epic run in the final and he’s proven to have those in his arsenal.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
I've given up on NBC.
A start time is a start time.
NBC seems to do coverage times... but they want to obscure actual start times...

Obviously network bean counters worrying about viewers disliking anything other than live broadcast viewing...as though their small minds think it isn't obvious to we viewers without considering that people do not like to be manipulated versus simply being open and honest.

Christy

Putting on skis
Skier
The live stream schedule can be found here--hopefully this clears up the confusion about what is when:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/live-stream-schedule#/

The women's slalom is live today (Tuesday) at 5:15 and 8:45 PT. Tomorrow is the men's downhill (6:30 pm PT) and women's GS (5 pm and 8:45 PT). Tomorrow is a solid night of skiing!

Too bad about the poor crowd for the combined. I hope all the races aren't like that. It makes for a much less exciting atmosphere.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
W's SL has, at this point a 30 minute start delay. They are not saying "on hold", yet. I hope that's a good sign. Have not checked the wind.

Fingers crossed.

8:45 ET start.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
W's SL has, at this point a 30 minute start delay. They are not saying "on hold", yet. I hope that's a good sign. Have not checked the wind.

Fingers crossed.

8:45 ET start.

Yes, I would rather see a race postponed than contested in unfair or unsafe conditions.

4ster

Instructor
NBC prime time just announced that Shawn White & Mikaela Shiffrin will be competing at about the same time, so they will switch back & forth between the 2 competitions.
That could be a real mess!

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Now a 9:45pm EST start, so possibly less conflict?

Edit: jury will decide go/no-go by 9:15pm EST/11:15am KST. If no-go, likely to be rescheduled to Friday.

4ster

Instructor
Sounds like it is pushed back again. 9:45 Eastern.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Postponed to Friday (Thursday night in North America). Grph.

4ster

Instructor
Bummer but the right call.
I am afraid that bunching these races up will effect Shiffrin’s ability to race all events. Hope she can stay rested & on track.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
But here's my thought: Congrats, Shaun! Now for chrissakes, PLEASE pick up the goddamn flag and stop dragging it behind you like a blankie.

I really don't know why they give athletes flags in the moment. There's no way they're paying attention. He's dragging it and stepping on it. Ugh.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Doh.

I really fail at internetting today.

Fixed, I think.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Just posted this in the other thread.

Tommy Biesemeyer, USST, ruptured his achilles. He's out of the games, done for the season, maybe longer. He's quoted here:

https://www.skiracing.com/stories/biesemeyer-injured-in-training

Sounds pretty down. Great guy, hard worker. Many, many injuries.

Wish him the best. Tough year for US males speed skiers. Third one out for the season. Ugh.

James

Out There
Instructor
Are the Mens Downhill and Ladies GS on for tonight?? I think so, but it says "rescheduled" on the Olympic site. Not sure if that's because it already was or will be. My FIS live timing seems to be down.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January