• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How often to remove boot liners?

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I pull liners whenever I don't wish to take up a dryer position and will NOT be skiing the next day.

My feet perspire freely! I bring a change of ski socks in my pack and swap out around 10:00 or so. The morning switch from warm and comfy, to mountain cool is the worst. I usually see droplets through translucent boot plastic by 9:00. (three or four trips down and up) Perhaps the close fitting boots squeeze the water out. I can not know ;-)

Dry is warm. Pulling liners can assure dryness in a known environment. Winter is usually dry as far a fabric and boot liners go.

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
If you put boots on a boot dryer, even with plenty of moisture between shell and liner they will dry overnight, so no need to pull the liners. My boots are super dry ever since I made a boot dryer, gloves on the other hand...

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BTW, I'm a BIG proponent of anti-perspirant. A full coverage of a-p ahead of time really cuts down the moisture in the boots by the end of the day.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I remove liners every night after skiing. Everything drys faster, and I don't see any reason why it would be an issue.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I never remove my boot liners as I have Hottronics and it is not good for the cords to do so. I just put the whole kit and kaboodle on a boot dryer overnight.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I don't like to remove liners do to risk of damage and wear and tear on both the liner and my knuckles.

I also find it can take a run or two for the liner to re-seat itself so the fit feels normal.

I use boot dryers.

James

Out There
Instructor
Getting snow in - tape the boot seams. Shell overlaps, not just the front one.
And take the liners out.
Huge difference in parts of the country in how things dry.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
I use these any time I'm going to be skiing the next day :

https://www.rei.com/product/891155/dryguy-travel-dry-dx-boot-dryer

They work great, though folks have had the fans crap out on them. I've probably used mine about 25 days so far, with no issues.
I just got two sets of those, and they're great for pre-heating boots on the way to the hill, and letting them run in the car on the way home, there's a 120v to 12v converter included. Also portable enough to throw in your pack if you want some warming while you eat lunch, although I haven't done that yet.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January