• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hi from Connecticut

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Have been looking for a new place to call home and glad to find PugSki. Ski mostly New England with a yearly trip someplace bigger ... last season was Whistler, this year will be Copper. My daughters are 1st year U12s; they're looking forward to the new season (kickoff meeting is Saturday) and earning a trip to Gunstock.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have been looking for a new place to call home and glad to find PugSki. Ski mostly New England with a yearly trip someplace bigger ... last season was Whistler, this year will be Copper. My daughters are 1st year U12s; they're looking forward to the new season (kickoff meeting is Saturday) and earning a trip to Gunstock.
Glad you found us.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Hello and welcome from a fellow Connecticut'er. One of the gals in my level 1 group that I met last April teaches at Gunstock. I plan to get there one of these winters. I'm along the coast and teach in western Mass and when I'm not there I'm skiing in southern Vermont mostly with 1-2 trips out west every year. Where do you ski in New England?

TS
QueueCT

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hello and welcome from a fellow Connecticut'er. One of the gals in my level 1 group that I met last April teaches at Gunstock. I plan to get there one of these winters. I'm along the coast and teach in western Mass and when I'm not there I'm skiing in southern Vermont mostly with 1-2 trips out west every year. Where do you ski in New England?

Thanks for saying hi. My girls are on the Mohawk Mtn race team so spend a lot of time there ... it's only an hour drive for us. Not the most exciting place but convenient. Plus I get to do a lot of fun things like practice one ski and backward skiing that I wouldn't be as comfortable with on steeper or more crowded trails. Alternative was to rent a winter place in Mass or VT but not ready to do that. We did consider Berkshire East and Butternut for race programs.

In VT I really have no allegiance to a particular resort. I'll usually ski Killington at T'giving, Stratton or Okemo in mid-December, maybe a trip to Mt Snow, then Stowe for sugar slalom. Mid-winter gets a trip out west and the rest of the time (mid-December through mid-March) is race season for the kids. I do have a friend who's a member at Hermitage so get there on rare occasions.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Thanks for saying hi. My girls are on the Mohawk Mtn race team so spend a lot of time there ... it's only an hour drive for us. Not the most exciting place but convenient. Plus I get to do a lot of fun things like practice one ski and backward skiing that I wouldn't be as comfortable with on steeper or more crowded trails. Alternative was to rent a winter place in Mass or VT but not ready to do that. We did consider Berkshire East and Butternut for race programs.

In VT I really have no allegiance to a particular resort. I'll usually ski Killington at T'giving, Stratton or Okemo in mid-December, maybe a trip to Mt Snow, then Stowe for sugar slalom. Mid-winter gets a trip out west and the rest of the time (mid-December through mid-March) is race season for the kids. I do have a friend who's a member at Hermitage so get there on rare occasions.

Nice. I've never been to Mohawk. They have cheap midweek prices so my plan is to call in sick this winter and check it out. It's about an hour drive for me too, we must be neighbors :). I'm in Fairfield. Practicing those drills on an uncrowded slope is key. We've often toyed with the idea of renting something in western Mass or Vermont. We like to bounce around a bit so it would have to be something sorta centrally located. I teach at Butternut and one of my friends there is one of the race coaches, I hear good things about it. Mount Snow, Bromley and Killington are my usual vermont places. My friend has a house near Bromley so we're there a few times a winter. One of my instructor peeps is an instructor at Hermitage, he pops up at Butternut once in a while. We'll be at Killington this thanksgviing and are there about every weekend from end of March til the end of the season. I bet we've crossed paths a bunch of times :)

You'll like Pug, it's a nice place. :beercheer: