• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from MA, and Best Wishes to You All!

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
Greetings! I'm new to ski forums, although I used to occasionally read through EpicSki - a friend of mine introduced me to that. Yes, it's Summer, but, well, you know, Skiing is fun! I skied twice on WNY "bunny hills", years ago. 'Grew up, eventually moved to MA, learned about the White Mountains...enjoyed winter hiking and decided to really learn Alpine Skiing. I love the mountains, skiing, outdoor photography, and meeting interesting and fun people.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Think Snow!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Greetings! I'm new to ski forums, although I used to occasionally read through EpicSki - a friend of mine introduced me to that. Yes, it's Summer, but, well, you know, Skiing is fun! I skied twice on WNY "bunny hills", years ago. 'Grew up, eventually moved to MA, learned about the White Mountains...enjoyed winter hiking and decided to really learn Alpine Skiing. I love the mountains, skiing, outdoor photography, and meeting interesting and fun people.

Well, time for you to intoduce your friend to Pugski.

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
Thank you all for your replies. Yes, my friend, KevinF, introduced me to EpicSki, and told me about PugSki.
I tried replying to surfsnowgirl, but some odd character string appeared in this textbox. Well...OK, I'll experiment a bit more with Replies, Quotes, Likes, etc., and I'll figure this out. 'More, later...!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, are you as cool as @KevinF ?

If you need some tips or tricks on posting, let us know. We're kind of helpful that way.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Oh, OK, surfsnowgirl, thank you. CT - where are you a ski instructor?

Ski Butternut in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. I love western Massachusetts; it's so beautiful there. When I'm not teaching there you can find me free skiing in Vermont (Mount Snow, Bromley, Killington).

Where do you normally ski.

Last edited:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Well, are you as cool as @KevinF ?

If you need some tips or tricks on posting, let us know. We're kind of helpful that way.

I have been attempting to increase @DaveM 's coolness for years now, but he has much left to learn. For instance, he prefers Sunday River over Stowe.

That sort of deficiency is beyond my skill to heal.

:):eek::D:cool:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
Ski Butternut in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. I love western Massachusetts; it's so beautiful there. When I'm not teaching there you can find me free skiing in Vermont (Mount Snow, Bromley, Killington).

Where do you normally ski.
Well, "Wa-Wa" - Wachusett - is about 1 h 15 min.s drive, door -to-door, so it's an easy "go-to" place. I like it best on cold days, when many fair-weather skiers seem to be scared-off. Perhaps they're in Boston museums or..."what-eh-vuh", as they say here. Yes, I could go to the Blue Hills ski area - heck, I've ridden my mountain bike to get there [for hiking & swimming & biking] - but I just haven't skied there, yet. Western MA is pretty, so good for you! VT's lovely - I've skied a weekend at Sugarbush, and then joined KevinF for a Stowe weekend. I belong to BSSC - since 2010-2011 - so I've skied at various places. However, I haven't tried Mt. Snow, Bromley or Killington, yet. My first adult ski lesson was at Wachusett in 2006. My current photo shows me at Big White, in Kelowna, BC, late Feb - Early March, this year - I loved it! Super-light, "feather-like" snow, every day.

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
I have been attempting to increase @DaveM 's coolness for years now, but he has much left to learn. For instance, he prefers Sunday River over Stowe.

That sort of deficiency is beyond my skill to heal.

:):eek::D:cool:
Ow, Ouch! Did I really say I prefer "SR" over Stowe, or is it just that I've skied at SR several times with BSSC. If I were sensitive, I'd feel hurt. Instead, I'm having a good chuckle. Thanks, Kevin!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia, thank you very much. I appreciate it. By the way, why "The Velvet Hammer" nickname?
I would have to refer to @hrstrat57 to be sure, but I believe it means that I'm friendly and helpful, but when necessary I'll put the hammer down. :)

Sponsor