• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Kennett Square, PA!

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Another Epic refugee here. Screen name was XLTL, but thought it was time for a change with a new site. Will be spending more of my season in VT this year at Killington, but hope to still hit the old Pocono favorites Elk, Blue, and JF.

Mark

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mushroom capitol of the world. Do you believe @Tricia didn't like Jimmy Johns Hot Dogs???

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What!?! Best hot dogs ever!

TS
Marker

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Since my wife is from Wisconsin, we are a brat family! I work in Delaware and have not seen Jimmy Johns around much, but there are some good hot dog shops. Johnnies Dog House on Rt 202 and Deerhead Hot Dogs, a Delaware institution, but an acquired taste.

I live just down the road and up a hill from the closest mushroom house. This keeps the smell to a minimum, but some days, just wow! Funny, my daughter that is in school at Pittsburgh doesn't mind the smell and associates it with "home".

Surprised to hear that the guns are on at Killington with the weather forecast I've been following. My wife and I will be up there Oct. 27-29 and will enjoy the fall color, but I thought there was no chance of them duplicating last season's opening. Perhaps I should start scrapping off the storage wax...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Since my wife is from Wisconsin, we are a brat family! I work in Delaware and have not seen Jimmy Johns around much, but there are some good hot dog shops. Johnnies Dog House on Rt 202 and Deerhead Hot Dogs, a Delaware institution, but an acquired taste.
On 202 just north of the Ford dealer on the opposite side.

TS
Marker

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
On 202 just north of the Ford dealer on the opposite side.

Hey, I bought my Fusion at that Ford dealership! I'll have to check it out next time I'm getting my car serviced. I'm usually just passing through that area on the way to somewhere else, like my favorite Pocono ski hill...

GCRUMP

Putting on skis
Skier

The Monkey Hill dog at Johnnies Dog House is a personal favorite. (Grilled bananas , peanut butter, bacon, honey...... delicious) . If Mark is in (the owner) he's an avid skiier and will talk your ear off about skiing ( and just about anything else. )

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
A little white painted the mountain tops overnight. Waiting for some real cold to settle in. Maybe next week? Here is a photo I took at noon today.

White Tops.jpg

TS
Marker

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That's Superstar on the left where they are supposed to hold the Women's FIS GS and SL races over Thanksgiving weekend. Do you think they will make it? Look's like a cold snap is coming soon.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Welcome @Marker. Can't remember how good JJs is as have not eaten there in years. We often pass this hotdog shack on the way to Blue mtn. Looks promising - definitely will try this winter.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's Superstar on the left where they are supposed to hold the Women's FIS GS and SL races over Thanksgiving weekend. Do you think they will make it? Look's like a cold snap is coming soon.

Odds are still pretty good. What's the date when the FIS inspectors look at the snow?

Sponsor

Staff online