• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It'll go on sale eventually just like the Rossi. They were the same price a few weeks ago.

Yeah I bought the Lange version last year (or the year before?) for cheap, as well. I actually wanted the Rossi red, but it cost more.

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
I got the Atomic version from them last year for $100 Canadian . Great back pack that is well constructed . Handles my gear and my 7 year old daughters .

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I have the heated Transpack. It gets warm after being plugged into the wall for a half hour, and stays warm. But I plug it into the cigarette lighter, and the boots are nice and warm when I reach the hill. A season and a half so far, durable. It's not big enough for a lot of other gear, though. The helmet rides on the outside, and I put the face mask, skull cap, and other head gear inside the helmet.

There are pockets all over it, and although they are slim they fit snacks, boot gloves, and little sundries (chapstick, hand cream, etc.). I stuff extra socks and mittens inside, above the boots.

Those warm boots are wonderful. I cannot imagine leaving it plugged in overnight - there's just no need for it. I do think that heated seats in the car could get you part way there.

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier
OK. I'm really wanting to get the Kulkea but I'm pushing the envelope with ski purchases this year. The Razer Tune blew my budget (thankfully my wife doesn't know how much I really paid) and my waxing iron has been acting up so that needs to be replaced.

I can suck it up and go another season, but beside having a heated boot bag, it looks incredibly organized (even the pockets have pockets!) which appeals to my OCD and seems to be the largest volume out there of the heated ones. As a coach, I carry a ton of stuff. Currently using this one from Swix and it is usually full to the point zippering the top is difficult it I believe it is listed as 65L. The Kulkea heated boot trekker is 62L, but because it is better organized, it should be able to handle everything that goes in the swix, right?
upload_2018-2-9_10-36-24.png

If I order this, there a good chance (at a minimum) wifey will be ordering something of at least equal value and/or worse, it will be a long lonely winter :(

Somebody tell me it's worth the risk.

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
@L&AirC funny, I was looking at the Swix and a Snow Eagle Pro from Fuxi yesterday. As a coach bag, the World Cup Supply bag is good. Also the heated Rossignol bag that someone posted a link to.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@L&AirC funny, I was looking at the Swix and a Snow Eagle Pro from Fuxi yesterday. As a coach bag, the World Cup Supply bag is good. Also the heated Rossignol bag that someone posted a link to.
I will say, the ability, nay, luxury of being able to keep the boots separate in the @KULKEA bag is worth any difference from the Snow Eagle, the bag formally known as Hot Gear.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Being a Rossi guy I would love to have that beautiful bag , but unfortunately I ski Mammoth and for some reason they have these tubes that you put your boot in and for a quarter, yes a quarter they blow hot air into your boot , and of course there everywhere.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Being a Rossi guy I would love to have that beautiful bag , but unfortunately I ski Mammoth and for some reason they have these tubes that you put your boot in and for a quarter, yes a quarter they blow hot air into your boot , and of course there everywhere.
Just not the same...a good heated bag will also warm the shell making the boot that much more toasty.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
OK. I'm really wanting to get the Kulkea but I'm pushing the envelope with ski purchases this year. The Razer Tune blew my budget (thankfully my wife doesn't know how much I really paid) and my waxing iron has been acting up so that needs to be replaced.

I can suck it up and go another season, but beside having a heated boot bag, it looks incredibly organized (even the pockets have pockets!) which appeals to my OCD and seems to be the largest volume out there of the heated ones. As a coach, I carry a ton of stuff. Currently using this one from Swix and it is usually full to the point zippering the top is difficult it I believe it is listed as 65L. The Kulkea heated boot trekker is 62L, but because it is better organized, it should be able to handle everything that goes in the swix, right?
View attachment 39238

If I order this, there a good chance (at a minimum) wifey will be ordering something of at least equal value and/or worse, it will be a long lonely winter :(

Maybe if you give her a gift cert of equal value you can avoid the lonely part of that long winter. But don't forget V-day, and no gift certs for that.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier

P.S. The Kulkea's are the best organized bag I've ever seen and I just have the Powder Trekker (which has a built in goggle garage, squee!, but is missing the dedicated glove pockets). You'll be in OCD/ADD heaven because there's a place for everything and there're so many you'll constantly forget and discover new cool things.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Personally, I don't need someone dictating where to put my gloves and goggles. I like the huge HG WC bag with its outrageous volume and large, multipurpose pockets. When your gloves are larger than the glove space, what do you do? What do you do? (don't drink, don't smoke; small joke here for Ant fans).

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
Personally, I don't need someone dictating where to put my gloves and goggles. I like the huge HG WC bag with its outrageous volume and large, multipurpose pockets. When your gloves are larger than the glove space, what do you do? What do you do? (don't drink, don't smoke; small joke here for Ant fans).
I'll admit to a bit of an OCD problem ;), but regardless I enjoy not having to go through everything in my bag when I'm just after one item and dedicated pockets help me avoid that

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier

Interesting. So if you use a heated boot bag, what would you put in the heated part? Helmet?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Heated compartment holds boots with liners removed; I use the laces and they are easier and more comfortable to put on liners first, then stick foot and liner into boot. I'll put my speed suit in there, too, if I feel like a treat. Above the heated compartment there is a large shelf that holds gloves, socks, stealth top, and other soft goods. This area is semi-heated as the heat from below keeps it warm. Helmet goes into the helmet carrier on the top of the bag. Large pockets on either side hold more gloves (if necessary for conditions), Ski Trax, water bottle, coffee go-cup, ski tools, brushes. Front pockets hold passes, hand warmers, two pair of googles and various other small and/or thin items. One pack carries everything I need to race except for the skis and poles. I do use a separate pack for extra clothes to leave at the finish.

I did say it was the HG World Cup bag, their largest. ;) I know what is in what pocket so I can find stuff blindfolded although that might lead to having mismatched socks if I pack more than one pair. :eek:

When I recreational ski I use a smaller pack as I don't need the redundant or extra race gear.

:daffy:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Just put a $20 heating pad in whatever bag you want to use. That is what I did when my hg bag gave up the ghost...ogsmile

What temp does it run at?

I had a HG element quit on me, but just the AC portion failed. I got a new element from Fuxi and put it in the HG bag. The defective one got put in a nice US Team coaches pack (can't remember the brand, but you know the one I mean) and I use a 12v converter to run it in the house. Two heated bags are better than one. ogsmile

Sponsor

Staff online