• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GS Masters ski for light-weight woman

Svetlanka

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Good day!

I'm new on this forum.

I need your advises about GS MASTERS ski.

I'm 5'20 and 115 lbs,

Recently I have skied ELAN GSX FAWEFLEX RACE and I like it a lot.

Now I want to buy similar GS Masters ski and choosing between following skis:

ELAN GSX FUSION 170 or MASTER PLATE 176

FISCHER RC4 WC RC 170, 175?

BLIZZARD WRC 172 or WRC RACING PISTON 176?

NORDICA DOBERMANN GSR RB EVO 172?

I would appreciate your recommendations,

Svetlana

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Paging @ScotsSkier to the white courtesy phone. At your size, I would not dismiss a Super Junior ski as an option..unless Scotskier overrides me. ;)

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If you are skiing Masters GS, I would stick with the 175/176 versions. i would not go shorter.

Of the skis you have listed the Blizzard and the Nordica are typically at the stiffer end of the spectrum, perhaps not the best choice given you light weight. Fischer used to be stiff but have softened off their GS skis in the last couple of years so I would point you at the fischer or Elan. Given you already like the Elan, I would go with their 176 Master plate ski you list

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yes don't go shorter than 175, especially if sets are closer to 25-30m sets.

TS
S

Svetlanka

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
If you are skiing Masters GS, I would stick with the 175/176 versions. i would not go shorter.

Of the skis you have listed the Blizzard and the Nordica are typically at the stiffer end of the spectrum, perhaps not the best choice given you light weight. Fischer used to be stiff but have softened off their GS skis in the last couple of years so I would point you at the fischer or Elan. Given you already like the Elan, I would go with their 176 Master plate ski you list

Thank you very much for your advice.
I found some good options of Fischer RC4 Worldcup RC, one with race booster and another with racetrack?
Which would you recommend? Skis with Race booster should be more stabile on slopes?

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@115 lbs
Have you considered a FIS U16 GS ski? Pretty much same as a FIS race department ski, but shorter lenghts, radius and softer flex. They come in 170-185ish cm:s with some brand deviation and 20-27 m radius. Might be an attractive option 2:nd hand, depending on where you're coming from and what type of courses you intend to ski.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online