• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Greetings from France

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hello, found Pugski thru a European ski forum that I frequent.

49 YO, strong intermediate, trying to get better at hors piste...

We live in Paris and ski the French Alps. I skiied a lot in Pa and the NE when I was a kid but like a lot of us was driven away by the costs. After moving to Paris in 2012 I picked up the sport again (thanks to France being much cheaper than the US) and have rediscovered what's so great about it. I don't have much to contribute about the US industry but ask me about the French Alps!

I'm surprised more Americans don't visit France for skiing, given the dollar/euro exchange. Just avoid it during the 2-3 February school break weeks and you'll be blown away by the terrain, the scenery and the overall ambience.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome @Bolder ! Lots of folks around here that started in PA, and even more that started in NE. Where in PA did you used to ski? I grew up in Pittsburgh in the 80's/90's myself. Only ever skied Boyce Park and Seven Springs though, for western PA, until the last few seasons. (Added Blue Knob, Hidden Valley, and Laurel Mountain.)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like the French, I like their toast, I like their fries, I like their kisses. I also skied a good amount of my younger years in PA, but the NE corner.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Ben . . . I hope that a French ski trip lies somewhere in my future. I've been in Paris, and I've spent a couple of months in the south — but neither had anything to do with snow.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome Bolder,

I was in Chamonix last year. Excellent skiing and loved the village.

Sponsor