• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

a9a1c1

Booting up
Skier
Hello, Just checking in wishing I could be skiing by now. Season hasn't gotten cold enough. I know its available in some hemispheres but not here. We had a great season last year at my home mountain Killington, but need much more time then 20 days. Anyhoo, I ski Dynastar PowerTrax 89. Boot are Nordica NRGy Pro 1 not because of my fav color Green, they fit awesomely and shout out to my boot fitter Hal from northern ski works, I kinda have funky feet, 2 different sizes and different pronation. They been doing my first/during season tuning when I am to lazy to do my own work too.

Since Dynastar is retiring my fav ski, I may want to look at other ones. I also am an athlete form Delaware special olympics, been skiing with them and personally for almost 15 years.

I started skiing killington about 4 years ago and loved it ever since. I am trying to go out west with my local ski club, try and hit the Utah area for the first time. I am not too much of a power person, Had my first day of real power in at Windham in March, think about 30in fell there and didn't have power skis.

Had dislocated knee cap on Race skis on a power day, wont do that one again. Also on race skis, last day at Camelback, I tore my ACL. Found out most of my injuries have been from being overweight. Still trying to loose that to help skiing better. Got a Skiers Edge Series 4 Big Mountain to help me ski. Its been wonderful to help my technique.

Side work is Shooting fireworks with Pyrotecnico and should have between 2 or 3 this upcoming weekend (labor day weekend). I shoot about 20-40 shows a year to keep me from thinking about skiing. HA!

Anybody wants to ask any more questions please do!

Thanks!

Andrew C.

Attachments

• andrewc.jpg
    andrewc.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ah, from DeBellaWare, yes I am on old WMMR fan when John DeBella was thier morning host, Pierre Robert followed him and now I think DeBella went to MGK and Pierre does the MMR morning show. I guess SkiBum is your only shop in the Taxfree state now, right? When I was in Delaware County, Pa I used to make many of trips to Vermont, in my 45 days/yr skiing in those day, 20 some were in Vermont, 20 some out west and 1-2 in Pa.

TS
a9a1c1

a9a1c1

Booting up
Skier
Pierre doesn't, he hate getting up early in the morning, he prefers the mid/afternoon schedule and preston and steve, who were on y100 moved on when they got shut down and replaced with a horrible rap/reggae session and there ratings went to the tubes. He did move on to WMGK, in the AM time. Yes, SkiJerks er um Skibum is the only place, I hated them as they said I needed an size 11 boot even though I ski now in a 8.5 ski boot. Sitting and standing show 2-3 different foot sizes. My standing size is 11 and my sitting size is 9 and 3/4 with wide foot, depending on which foot Im looking at.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Hello, Just checking in wishing I could be skiing by now. Season hasn't gotten cold enough. I know its available in some hemispheres but not here. We had a great season last year at my home mountain Killington, but need much more time then 20 days. Anyhoo, I ski Dynastar PowerTrax 89. Boot are Nordica NRGy Pro 1 not because of my fav color Green, they fit awesomely and shout out to my boot fitter Hal from northern ski works, I kinda have funky feet, 2 different sizes and different pronation. They been doing my first/during season tuning when I am to lazy to do my own work too.

Since Dynastar is retiring my fav ski, I may want to look at other ones. I also am an athlete form Delaware special olympics, been skiing with them and personally for almost 15 years.

I started skiing killington about 4 years ago and loved it ever since. I am trying to go out west with my local ski club, try and hit the Utah area for the first time. I am not too much of a power person, Had my first day of real power in at Windham in March, think about 30in fell there and didn't have power skis.

Had dislocated knee cap on Race skis on a power day, wont do that one again. Also on race skis, last day at Camelback, I tore my ACL. Found out most of my injuries have been from being overweight. Still trying to loose that to help skiing better. Got a Skiers Edge Series 4 Big Mountain to help me ski. Its been wonderful to help my technique.

Side work is Shooting fireworks with Pyrotecnico and should have between 2 or 3 this upcoming weekend (labor day weekend). I shoot about 20-40 shows a year to keep me from thinking about skiing. HA!

Anybody wants to ask any more questions please do!

Thanks!

Andrew C.

Great intro! I also ski the PT 89! I love them, though I'll see if I get some carvers this season to improve my (poor) technique. I also lived in DE (now in CA). And, to make the parallel more striking, I do tend to weigh more than I'd like to :) But about 2 years ago I decided to focus on portion sizes. It helped a lot. I've only skied for 2.5 years, basically 3 seasons, and i'm a weekend warrior, so you can imagine how much i suck. But who cares! I love it :)

Welcome to Pugski!

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
welcome! k-mart is a haul to be called your "home mtn" lol. we're just outside philly and are calling montage home this year, but we bounce btwn there, jack frost, and blue mtn.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yes, SkiJerks er um Skibum is the only place, I hated them as they said I needed an size 11 boot even though I ski now in a 8.5 ski boot. Sitting and standing show 2-3 different foot sizes. My standing size is 11 and my sitting size is 9 and 3/4 with wide foot, depending on which foot Im looking at.

Welcome to the forum! I'm just over the state line in Landenberg (I post Kennett Square because some folks have heard of it and my kids went to that school district), but both my wife and I work in DE. We also have made Killington our "home" mountain with season passes and have already had our first trip earlier this month. We are headed there for an extended stay over the Christmas holidays. Leaving tomorrow afternoon! There is a Killington thread on the forum for your viewing pleasure.

I can't say SkiBum is a first rate shop, but they have been good to me. One of the kids tried to put me in a too-small boot that about crushed my front toes, but at least locked in my ankle then a more experienced guy (Mark) set me up in Lange RS 130 in 30.5 (I have 14/15 narrow feet). I wanted to try the RX 130 LV, but it was not available in that size even from Lange. They had to custom order the RS to make this work. I love my Yak Trax! My wife and daughter also got their boots there and have been pleased with them. I made sure they didn't get up sized on the selection of boots for them to try on and prepped them to expect a very snug fit. But I also knew they would never tolerate the tightness of fit I am skiing with in the RS.

I started at Jack Frost at age 50, then tried most of the other Pocono areas, and still prefer Elk and Blue the most. I know, most folks would not combine those two in a "like"!

dsmallwood

Booting up
Skier
greetings
I just joined and am also in Delaware. sales-tax-free and ski-free! whoooo hooooo
still have zero days for the season. perhaps next week.

Dave

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome to the forum! I'm just over the state line in Landenberg (I post Kennett Square because some folks have heard of it and my kids went to that school district), but both my wife and I work in DE. We also have made Killington our "home" mountain with season passes and have already had our first trip earlier this month. We are headed there for an extended stay over the Christmas holidays. Leaving tomorrow afternoon! There is a Killington thread on the forum for your viewing pleasure.

I can't say SkiBum is a first rate shop, but they have been good to me. One of the kids tried to put me in a too-small boot that about crushed my front toes, but at least locked in my ankle then a more experienced guy (Mark) set me up in Lange RS 130 in 30.5 (I have 14/15 narrow feet). I wanted to try the RX 130 LV, but it was not available in that size even from Lange. They had to custom order the RS to make this work. I love my Yak Trax! My wife and daughter also got their boots there and have been pleased with them. I made sure they didn't get up sized on the selection of boots for them to try on and prepped them to expect a very snug fit. But I also knew they would never tolerate the tightness of fit I am skiing with in the RS.

I started at Jack Frost at age 50, then tried most of the other Pocono areas, and still prefer Elk and Blue the most. I know, most folks would not combine those two in a "like"!
I am just impressed that they stocked a RS 130.

Sponsor

Staff online